Director, Content Experience Editorial, APAC
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryEnterprise Technology & Infrastructure
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
As our Editorial Director for product documentation, you’ll ensure the quality of our India-based Content Experience (CX) team’s core deliverables (Help articles, release notes, developer documentation, video scripts, and more), and you’ll help define and implement a customer-focused editorial strategy that ensures the quality and relevance of our content.
You’ll manage editorial capacity, quantify editorial impact, and advocate for the importance of high quality, user-centric content with our CX and product leaders. You are a passionate advocate for the importance of content quality and can educate others on its value. You know what makes content inclusive and accessible to customers and users of varying skills and abilities.
- Manage a team of technical editors who play a vital role in improving product documentation for our customers. This will likely be a small team at first, and scale over time.
- Work and align with editorial and team leaders in North America.
- Work with CX editorial leadership to define, implement, and measure editorial strategy for the content teams you support.
- Manage limited editorial resources and partner with stakeholders to define editing strategy across product lines.
- Use your influence, research, and overall savviness to ensure content teams are following through on their commitment to the editorial vision.
- Hire and onboard new editors.
- Manage editorial workflow across product lines and stakeholders.
- Define levels of editing - developmental, structural, copy edit - and make grounded recommendations on when to apply each.
- Work with the research and data team to define quantitative metrics for the quality and effectiveness of editorial.
- Identify and implement training and onboarding needs of writers.
- Ensure that internal guidelines, resources, and templates are maintained and updated.
- Help maintain a clear and consistent voice across content that includes help articles, release notes, developer documentation, video scripts, infographics, etc.
- Define ways to maintain quality while achieving scale.
- Provide direct feedback, coaching and workshops to other editors and writers.
- Grow the team’s influence and expertise.
- Edit content as needed.
- At least 3 years experience managing an editorial team, preferably in the tech industry.
- Experience managing capacity and scaling an editorial team.
- Experience successfully implementing new strategies and process changes across a large content team.
- At least 5 years of product documentation editing experience, preferably in the tech sector.
- Knowledge and experience editing end-user, administrator, and developer content.
- Expert at delivering feedback in an open-minded, empathetic way
- Open to diverse viewpoints, feedback, and the strong opinions of others
- Ability to work calmly and confidently in an ever-changing environment
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.