VP, of Ethical AI Data Science Research
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce's Office of Ethical and Humane Use is hiring an Ethical AI Principal to play a pivotal role in guiding the responsible development of groundbreaking artificial intelligence products. Working together with the Responsible AI & Tech team and in close partnership with both Salesforce AI and Salesforce Research, they will deliver mentorship, guardrails, and features that ensure the next generation of AI is crafted, developed, and delivered in alignment with Salesforce’s ethical use and responsible AI principles.
The ideal candidate will have experience in artificial intelligence and, specifically, the field of responsible/ethical AI. They will work across teams to implement responsible AI processes, including but not limited to bias assessments, accuracy measurements, and harms modeling.
- Develop strategy, along with the Office of Ethical & Humane Use and AI Product Management and Engineering, to build, develop, and ship ground breaking generative AI capabilities for Salesforce customers while mitigating risks and collecting ethical opportunities.
- Research tools and methods to identify and mitigate AI risks.
- Cultivate a ‘moral muscle memory’ culture among Salesforce AI Research by instructing and mentoring colleagues on ethical use and responsible AI standard methodologies.
- Represent Salesforce and AI Research to internal and external customers, including executives, employees, civil society groups, customers, and industry forums.
- Master's degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Data Science, Social or Applied Sciences, or a related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience in AI ethics, AI research, Security, Trust & Safety, or similar roles
- Validated leadership, organizational, and execution skills. Passion for developing innovative AI ethics technology and deploying it through a multi-stakeholder approach.
- Experience working in a technical environment with a broad, cross-functional team to drive results, define product requirements, coordinate resources from other groups (design, legal, etc.), and guide the team through key achievements
- Leading a Research Data Science team.
- Outstanding leadership skills with a track record of developing high-performing teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including articulating technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in AI ethics, AI research, security, Trust & Safety, or similar roles
- PhD in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Engineering, Data Science, or quantitative Social Sciences
- Published research on algorithmic fairness, accountability, and visibility, especially detecting and mitigating bias or AI safety.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $280,700 to $449,200.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.