Summer 2024 Intern - User Research - Slack
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
About Futureforce University Recruiting
Our Futureforce University Recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company. With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We are hiring a User Research Intern for Summer 2024 to help design the future of Slack! Researchers serve a vital role here from understanding the problems we’re solving for users to guiding teams through iteration and feedback. We appreciate researchers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. You will have the opportunity to work with a small and collaborative team and will be paired with one of our user researchers, who will act as your mentor throughout the program!
In addition, as an intern you will have access to resources and events to help you grow both professionally and personally. Throughout your internship, you will be part of events including Executive Speaker Series, AMAs, Volunteer Time Off, Workshops, and Socials. Lastly, you have access to participate in any of Slack's 7 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
What you will be doing
- Work closely with your mentor and user research leadership to define the details of your projects and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and product management to understand the critical research questions and craft a research approach to best answer them
- Conduct actionable research to help guide the product team’s decision-making and design process
- Solicit and incorporate feedback on your work from your mentor, other user researchers, and multi-functional team members
What you should have
- Must be graduating December 2024 or later with a Bachelor’s Degree
- A strong portfolio, showcasing foundational proficiency in different steps of a research process, such as: qualitative data collection, cleaning and analysis, synthesis, and documenting and sharing findings
- Commitment to learning from others that equals a passion for sharing what you’ve learned
- Self-awareness of your strengths and growth areas and a desire to improve your skills
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience collaborating with others (either research or other functions) to understand, explore, and answer research questions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience using multiple research methodologies, such as user interviews, usability testing, surveys, diary studies, co-creation, inferential statistics, etc.
- Experience using a remote / digital tool for research, such as UserTesting.com, User Interviews, Qualtrics, Surveymonkey, dscout, Zoom, etc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $52 to $54.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.