Principal Researcher, Research & Insights
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryUser Experience
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM.
We are seeking a Principal User Researcher who can distill sophisticated problems into insights that inform product, design, development and business decisions. You eagerly seek out and triangulate data from diverse sources. You eagerly use new research methods to get at the heart of the issue, and you have expertise with the ‘tried and true’ ones. You’re passionate about technology and even more passionate about people. You have deep empathy for their everyday struggles and challenges. You always put their needs first and are unwavering in your desire to provide the best experiences for users.
Sound like you? Then you're someone we want to work with. Join our amazing team and you'll get to work with some of the most creative. You'll find startup-like scrum teams, consumer-style innovation, and the opportunity to deliver great experiences to millions of end-users.
Provide strategic and tactical insights to inform product adoption work for our Platform Research & Insights team.
Own and manage evaluative research processes, e.g., concept evaluation and design testing, across the Platform Cloud business and provide insights that help make Platform products easier for our customers to use.
Work with partners, including key executives, to create compelling narratives for how we can make Platform Cloud products easier to use and adopt.
Partner and closely with a wide range of product, design, marketing, and engineering teams across Platform Cloud to drive research impact.
Directly address the most pressing issues of our customers (aka., True to the Core) and identify areas where the future state of Salesforce is realized.
- 10+ years of experience conducting research in user experience, product design, or technology contexts
- Expert understanding of research methods (qualitative and quantitative) and standard processes, and familiarity with a broad range of user research tools
- Proven track record influencing product direction and strategy with actionable insights
- Ability to plan, design, implement and communicate both strategic and tactical research engagements
- Ability to structure and lead internal and external workshops or design studios and analyze the outcomes to provide insight for partners
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (e.g. design, product management, engineering, marketing)
- Experience with AI, business software, solutions, technology
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods and concepts
- Excellent project management, communication, storytelling, and presentation skills
- Previous research experience in technology, SaaS, or Customer Service domains
- Experience doing research on Ai product teams and have an eye for how it could make everyday experiences efficient.
- Salesforce Administrator Certified & deep knowledge of the Salesforce Platform
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,200 to $305,600.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,200 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.