Full-Stack Software Engineer, Front End Focus
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Full-Stack Software Engineer, Front End Focus (UI)
Are you interested in shaping the technological landscape of communication platforms? Are you passionate about crafting captivating user experiences that influence the technological landscape of communication platforms? Do you dream of shaping planet-scale cloud services that impact millions of users daily through intuitive and elegant interfaces, creating APIs that turn developers into raving fans, and building near real-time, millisecond-latency processing pipelines? We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment that values each individual, encourages innovation, and fuels creativity.
Salesforce Engagement 360 is the largest suite of B2B and B2C customer engagement tools on the planet. Our products are used by almost every brand you can name. We operate a large-scale distributed system and are looking for strong and passionate engineers to join our Ohana (family) and fuel our next-generation transformation. Learn more about Salesforce Engagement 360 here.
We're in search of a talented UI-Focused Full Stack Development Engineer to join our team. In this role, you'll play a pivotal part in reshaping the technological landscape of communication platforms and contributing to planet-scale cloud services. Your journey with us will involve collaboration across a diverse range of teams and technologies, including:
- Operations and service administration
- Email Creation, Scheduling, Processing, and Delivery
- Managing Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Monitoring, Alerting, and Metrics
- Architect, design, implement, test, and deliver highly scalable products.
- Partner with leadership and architects to define and scope engineering plans
- Master our development process, culture, and code base, then improve it.
- Operate optimally in the hybrid engineering model where engineers are expected to be able to design and execute the vital work to ensure quality in their code as well as other engineers.
- Collaborate closely with a team of engineers, product managers, user experience experts, and performance engineers to drive outcomes that delight our customers.
- Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes.
- Present your designs to internal/external groups and review the designs of others.
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, and write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics.
- Write clean code with attention to reliability, performance, and security
- Operate the service as an owner through telemetry, monitoring, and analytics
- Release high-quality features on time, meeting functional, performance, scalability, and compliance requirements
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and a passion for distributed systems and cloud technology.
- Provide support for email services in the public cloud and dedicated data centers.
- BS or MS in computer science or a related field, or relevant experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Agile development methodology experience.
- Ability to participate in the team's on-call rotation to address complex problems in real time and maintain highly available, performant, and secure services.
- 6+ years of industry experience in designing, developing, and shipping high-quality large-scale services in distributed environments.
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented programming languages: C#/.NET, Ruby, Python
- Experience with a range of front-end and back-end technologies, including ReactJS, Flux, Redux, Relay/GraphQL, ReactNative, Ember.js, Node.js, ASP.net, and MVC.
- Broad knowledge of web standards related to APIs, such as REST, SOAP, WSDL, HTTP, JSON, etc.
- Hands-on experience in developing SaaS applications over public cloud infrastructure (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Proficiency in container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, EKS, and Docker.
- Expertise in CI/CD tools, including Jenkins and Spinnaker.
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka and SQS.
- Proficiency with RDBMS concepts and developed applications using SQL Server.
- Good understanding of networking technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, routing, proxy, and firewalls.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Email Marketing and relevant email RFC standards.
- Knowledge of email sending and deliverability best practices.
- Familiarity with security standards and best practices, including data encryption and network security.
- Experience or proficiency in using Splunk for log and data analysis.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.