Senior Finance Business Analyst
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Senior Finance Analytics Analyst role sits within the Finance Data Office and provides enablement and analytics assistance to the Salesforce Finance team. Success in this role means that we’ve forged strong partnerships with Business Technology (BT) and our business partners in Finance to enable Finance Data Strategy driven capabilities to help Salesforce see, understand and govern our Finance data.
Collect data via a wide range of methods and curate data sources for end users. Develop and track Key Performance Indicators and metrics in order to enhance understanding of the business, to improve strategic decision making, and to improve operational efficiency. Conduct quantitative analysis, create dashboards, and take responsibility for the quality of data related to Salesforce Finance teams. Help drive and support finance data & analytics tools including strategy and administration as needed. Act as a liaison between BT and Finance on enterprise programs.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Build and maintain processes to extract, load, transform, and enrich data into user-friendly data sources.
- Employ visual design best practices to present analyses in the form of Tableau worksheets and dashboards.
- Support Alteryx Server administration tasks in collaboration with an internal admin community.
- Assist in developing and delivering content through Slack updates, confluence pages, slide presentations, and live meetings.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improving existing programs and for developing new programs for all functions of the organization.
- Partner with Business Technology (BT) and Finance teams to contribute towards enterprise programs.
- Partner with Business Technology (BT) and Finance teams to enable self-service platforms for Finance (e.g. self-service data engineering and self-service data science).
- Curate metadata, classify data, and perform other data stewardship activities to increase data accessibility.
- Collaborate with teams to define and promote processes for data capture, data integrity and reporting functionality.
- Develop highly effective ways of using data to influence decisions and suggest business actions.
- Embody customer zero, to help Salesforce build the best products by testing and providing feedback on new and existing products.
- Certification: Analysts are expected to complete internal and external product certification programs within agreed upon timelines.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the Values & Behaviors for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Ability to be resourceful and meet deadlines with high attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate ideas succinctly to both technical and non-technical business partners through written, visual, and verbal means of communication.
- Demonstrable ability to develop programs from requirements-capture to launch, with limited guidance.
- 5+ years of analytical and data preparation work experience, software environment.
- Advanced user of the Tableau Product Suite and Alteryx.
- Good understanding of data warehouses e.g. Snowflake, Oracle required.
- Accounting/Corporate finance experience helpful.
- Experience with systems like NetSuite, Oracle, Workday, Concur, Coupa and Salesforce preferred.
- Use of APIs, Alation, Sagemaker, and Python helpful.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.