Account Solution Engineer - Public Sector
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Role: Account Solution Engineer - Public Sector
Location: Washington DC Metro ONLY
As part of the Salesforce Public Sector business unit, the Lead Solution Engineer will be an integral member of a team of professionals focused on US Government agencies and departments performing national security functions. Together, the team represents Salesforce’s PaaS and SaaS capabilities which meet the security and compliance needs of these customers. Current experience and active relationships within this customer base is required. Customer Relationship Management technology and enterprise selling in a customer-facing role is highly desirable.
We’re looking for exceptional candidates to join the Solution Engineering team. The Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting product offerings and architecture in the best light to prospects and customers, to evoke confidence in company’s technology infrastructure and remove all technical objections in the sales cycle. To accomplish this, the Solution Engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to discover mission requirements and use cases, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value.
Prior experience with Customer Relationship Management technology and enterprise selling in a customer-facing role is highly desirable. Oh, and don’t forget those communication and presentation skills. They usually come in handy in our line of work. Finally, the ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain them in a simple and easy to understand way will seal the deal! If you believe you have these skills, we want to talk to you.
* Understand customer goals and challenges and map those back to the Salesforce product portfolio
* Design, build, and demonstrate innovative solutions to address these challenges
* Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking and security stack
* Participate in all appropriate product, sales, technical training and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
* Attain quarterly and annual objectives defined collaboratively with management
* Respond effectively to RFIs/RFPs
* Active participation in a fast-paced high-energy market segment and balance multiple projects in a team-selling environment
* B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
* 7 or more years experience as a solution/sales engineer
* Demonstrated leadership and mentorship skills
* Knowledge of related applications, relational database, web technology, and cyber-security
* Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team to solve technical problems
* Ability to travel domestically
* The candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret security clearance
* Qualification for this job is contingent upon acceptable results from a background investigation as well as your obtaining and maintaining the specific level U.S. government security clearance required for this role
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.