Director of Developer Marketing, Slack
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryMarketing & Communications
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for a passionate, creative, and experienced Developer Marketing leader to deliver world-class marketing programs for Slack Developers. Slack Developers are our key audience for the Slack Platform and build customized solutions to solve business challenges, and deliver real business value.
You will be responsible for leading the marketing vision and strategy to drive awareness of Slack within the developer community. Working closely with product managers, fellow audience marketers, events teams and more this role is multi-functional and hands-on. This is an outstanding opportunity for a real 360 degree marketer, who thrives on leading multi-channel campaigns and programs, from social, to digital, to events and more!
- Define the Developer Marketing vision and strategy.
- Lead and own the creation and execution of global multi-channel marketing programs and campaigns.
- Build a Developer Marketing team and focus on prioritization and talent development.
- Lead and coordinate the developer event strategy in partnership with the strategic events team.
- Partner with Developer Relations, Community, and Partner Marketing teams to define a strategic content plan.
- Manage the developer marketing budget, including annual and quarterly allocations.
- Drive accountability for Developer Marketing KPIs, setting targets and tracking performance and learnings.
- Align with corporate and product marketing teams to ensure consistent messaging and branding.
- Drive innovation through new campaigns, using pilots and other mechanisms to test and learn.
- Seasoned marketer with 10 years of experience in marketing roles such as Developer Marketing or Technical Product Marketing.
- Deep understanding of the developer audience and experience creating developer campaigns and messaging to that audience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results-driven: deep sense of accountability and the ability to drive large projects from start to finish
- High energy and passion for the job
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Open to travel as onsite event lead at developer events globally.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $181,300 to $262,900.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.