Director, Technical Program Manager - Integration and Automation (MuleSoft)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProgram & Project Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
In this critical Technical Program Management (TPM) role, you will join our fast-growing TPM team as a leader, responsible for driving Innovation and Trust strategic initiatives for the Automation and Integrations Product lines. You will ensure alignment with product teams and focus on long-term growth, scalability, and sustainability to transform how we plan, deliver and measure quality in our products. As a people leader, you will enable and empower a team of high-performing TPMs working in related areas to own and product delivery practices and processes. The position requires working cross-functionally with senior Tech and Products organizational leadership (C-level & SVP) as well as product managers and team leads from engineering, architecture, user experience, product marketing, sales, technical field, and back-office teams.
Technical Program Managers (TPMs) play a critical role at Salesforce in leading large-scale, cross-functional initiatives within our Technology & Products organizations. TPMs oversee programs from beginning to end, ensuring a better workflow and more effective communication. They work closely with executives and key company stakeholders to drive critical programs and activities across the company. TPMs are team players who support and protect our core values, respect for our people and keep trust first and foremost throughout the program lifecycle. The ideal candidate must enjoy being challenged, learning-by-doing, working as a team, using data to inform decisions, and have excellent communication and people skills. You're a great fit for this role if you have experience working across the software development lifecycle from incubation to operation, are a lean-agile guru, a stakeholder wrangler, a strong communicator, and a driver of collaborative change management processes.
While this is an Individual Contributor role at this point, there will be ample opportunities for coaching, mentoring other TPMs and managing by influence.
- Lead programs by achieving alignment on program scope, release planning, as well as aligning one or more teams on vision, business goals, creating program structure, and securing cross-functional alignment.
- Drive teams through the software engineering experience using Agile, demonstrating analytical and technical skills.
- Drive Steering Committee meetings with program key stakeholders to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues. Be the key driver to ensure business goals are met and drive the strategic vision of each program.
- Develop strong partnerships with key functional stakeholders to drive focus on business goals. Be a trusted partner for executive management to ensure program success.
- Provide visibility to program status (issues, risks, metrics, etc.) on an ongoing basis through push status reporting (to all stakeholders, team members, and interested parties).
- Anticipate and remove obstacles with a sense of urgency that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Create a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and learning.
- Be a catalyst within the organization, someone who can help advance our Product & Technology strategy globally and drive others in the organization to change.
- Enable and empower a team of high-performing TPMs working in related areas to drive product and process changes
- Preempt escalations by anticipating trouble spots
- Drive clear decision making (process, tools, and facilitation) required to balance risk, effort, and timelines
- Lead and implement process improvements (change management) while managing active projects
- Facilitate the development of collaborative cross-team dependency solutions
- Foster an environment of ownership, transparency, and accountability
- 8+ years experience managing technical, complex initiatives & projects from initiation to completion for a SaaS/PaaS based Product Development organization
- Ability to successfully partner with all functions across the entire company
- Experience with product development lifecycle, and software development lifecycle, practicing principles of Lean and Agile and how to blend with traditional project management best practices
- Proven ability to work effectively and prioritize and organize your work and the work of others to align with the broader organizational vision and goals
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills conducive to driving consensus and customized approach for different audiences
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment to resolve issues and conflicts
- Ability to execute and manage performance and expectations within a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Experience overcoming the difficulties of managing projects with remote and global team members
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of hands-on, detailed orientation
- Familiarity with MuleSoft and Salesforce products
- Familiarity with RPA, Automation and API Management domains
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.