Software Engineering SMTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Our Heroku Data Services team is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of innovation through the development of cutting-edge managed data services, focusing on our customer needs. We strive to make data-driven decisions and design with telemetry in mind, always striving for operational excellence and efficiency both within our team and across team boundaries. We are structured to deliver on both current and long-term strategic priorities, and we embrace automation to streamline processes and improve overall performance, while working as an async-first globally distributed team.
In this role, you will work directly with the team working on Heroku Data Services, developing our control plane behind our database-as-a-service products. You will write tools to reliably operate thousands of servers including automated backups, disaster recovery, high availability, orchestration, monitoring systems, configuration management, security and more. To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for data storage and management, intuition for code maintainability, and care about making customers successful.
* Contribute to the success of the scrum team through code reviews, deployment process automation, documentation, refinement, planning, and retros
* Lead, collaborate, communicate, and mentor others on the team and in the company
* Work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver a roadmap to meet shared business goals
* Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system scalability, robustness and availability
* Troubleshoot issues with the services that our team develops and owns, be passionate about automation
* Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to keep services operational and highly available
* Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members
* Experience with our technology stack, including:
* Database technologies (Postgres, Redis, and/or Apache Kafka)
* An object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java)
* Automated testing (e.g. RSpec, pytest)
* AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, etc.)
* Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
* Experience and knowledge in operating high-scale distributed systems
* Experience with Scrum in an agile development environment
* Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
* Strong focus on customer-centric development
* Ability to communicate async-first as part of a globally distributed team.
* Experience in designing and managing services to deploy/upgrade stateful applications at scale with robustness and availability in mind
* Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
* Experience in one or more front-end frameworks (e.g. React, Ember)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.