Systems Engineer Senior Associate - Salesforce
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Systems Engineer Senior Associate
The Salesforce Web Platforms team is responsible for innovating the Salesforce digital experience globally, leveraging best-in-class technology and systems—including Salesforce’s platform. Salesforce continues to grow rapidly, and our digital experience ensures that visitors, prospects, customers, and trailblazers can connect with Salesforce content and capability seamlessly and engagingly.
We are looking for an ambitious teammate to join our innovative Trailblazer Community engineering team within Web Platforms! Are you an individual who is highly motivated, self-directed, and have a desire to work on a digital experience that fosters success through community? The right candidate must possess excellent analytical and communication skills, and have the passion to deliver outstanding support. This role is a part of the Trailblazer Community engineering team, which has responsibilities for assigned cases, maintaining a dedicated focus to ensure users and partners are incredibly satisfied with our digital experience and platform.
The ideal candidate is a great teammate, enjoy working hard, exhibit integrity, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations, has excellent problem-solving skills, and is able to learn new technologies quickly.
We are looking for a Systems Engineering Senior Associate, who is customer-focused and responsible for handling cases of all severities. This is a key role on our Agile team, who is on the “front lines” of our digital product. This responsibility includes working closely with product management, fellow engineers, and support operations. This role is experienced with technical concepts and is highly customer centric.
- Maintain, administer and act as a technical expert and a steward of our Salesforce org
- Analyze and triage production incidents
- Develop deeper insights into incidents and influence the engineering backlog to address repeat incidents and prevent incidents proactively
- Understand customer use cases leveraging our platform and services and collaborate with the rest of the engineering organization to identify opportunities to continuously improve
- Support product management on requirements gathering and review with clients of the service
- Internalize and practice service ownership
- Refine practices for intake, prioritization and knowledge sharing
- Engage with engineers developing features on our platform and provide consultative support and onboarding guidance
- Continuously raise standards of engineering excellence by implementing best DevOps practices
- Champion a culture and work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion
- 4+ years previous Salesforce application development or support handling all aspects of CRM, case management and platform maintenance
- Certifications: Salesforce Administrator, Advanced Administrator Certification, Platform Developer I
- Experience programming in Apex Code or Java
- Experience with Object Oriented design and programming, and MVC
- Good knowledge of Salesforce's Web Services and good understanding of Salesforce SOQL and security model
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile Software development
- Experience with sandbox and production deployments
- Experience with database concepts and data modeling capabilities
- Understanding of best practices regarding Salesforce implementations, including design patterns, release management, deployment strategies, and testing best practices
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies or concepts quickly
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Experience with technical site operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong hands-on experience in automation, scripting
- Experience with TechOps and DevOps strategies and practices
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.