Regional Vice President - West
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Note: By applying to the Regional Vice President posting, recruiters and hiring managers who support multiple cloud offerings and verticals across the organization hiring Regional Vice Presidents will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams. Please note some of these positions may be office-based, office-flexible or remote depending on the team.
As a Sales Leader you will be managing and developing a team of Account Executives. You will participate and lead in client and prospect meetings as well as work cross-functionally with internal partners and corporate resources as required. You will be responsible for ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new team members on sales process. In this role you will report on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management.
Sales Organization Description:
Our Sales Organization is made up of the business segments below. Within these business segments, the teams sell across multiple verticals and there are teams that sell specifically into one industry or vertical. Verticals include: Financial Services, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Retail & Consumer Goods, Communications Media & Technology, Consumer Business Services, Public Sector, Professional Services, Slack, Mulesoft, Tableau, Marketing Cloud, Specialization Cloud, Enterprise Corporate Sales and .ORG (Non Profit & Education).
In addition, we have Core Teams that sell the entire Salesforce Platform and our Co Prime teams specialize in a specific cloud solution including but not limited to Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud, Heroku or Quip.
Commercial Business Unit:
Mid Commercial (201 - 1000 employees)
General Commercial (1001 - 4500 employees)
Enterprise Business Unit:
Enterprise Corporate Sales (growing and managing subsidiaries within the Enterprise Parent accounts)
Select (4501 - 10000 employees)
Key (10001+ employees)
-Strategic, Strategic Enterprise, Summit (Named Accounts)
The teams you lead here at Salesforce will directly impact the growth of our overall organization. You will be masterful in client engagement and impact how your customers do business in an innovative environment. You will coach your team to develop in their careers, and inspire your team to do the best work of their life.
- Provide support and mentorship to direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings or engaging other corporate resources as required
- Development of a winning team, including recruiting, hiring and training
- Coaching direct reports on strategies to drive sales wins
- Accurate reporting on sales activity and forecasting to senior sales management
- Consistent monitoring of the sales activity of the team, and tracking of results
- Actively leading and monitoring demand generation activities
- Leading initiatives to drive customer awareness and engagement
- Develop and implement successful sales campaigns
- Engaging at C-level in enterprise customer organizations
- Capable of successfully leading significant client concerns and issues
- Work cross-functionally with internal partners and corporate resources for consistent processes and a successful team
- Develop required Corporate relationships and Executive engagement to support success
Depending on the segment, the years of experience and skills needed to be successful will vary from 2+ yrs of sales leadership experience leading a team of seven or more quota carrying sales people. In addition, a Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Shown successful experience in leading Account Executives
- Consistent track record to create successful teams and lead them to success
- Excellent presentation and executive engagement skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A self-starter that can thrive in a fast paced environment
Across all Sales Leaders, we are looking for the following attributes:
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Experience in sales coaching and mentoring
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Has a strong drive for results
- Strong engagement and communication skills
- Consultative selling experience
- Can collaborate and influence in a “win as a team” environment
- Is a trusted advisor to the customers and colleagues
- Courageous Communicator
- Prior experience working within the Software/Infrastructure/Platform (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) space
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $163,250 to $285,850.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $179,600 to $285,850.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.