Staff Software Engineer, Android Infrastructure
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for people who are passionate about building strong, sustainable infrastructure for the Slack Android client, which is used by millions of people every week. The Android Infrastructure team is a highly leveraged team that enables product engineers at Slack to tackle complicated problems quickly without needing to reinvent the wheel. We’re looking for lead engineers who specialize in either UI frameworks or data/networking infrastructure.
As an infrastructure engineer, you like building for the long term and value patterns and structures that allow for maximum flexibility in a constantly evolving product. You excel in leading others and derive joy from mentoring and growing other Android engineers. You set a high bar for the technical design and code quality of your team. You demonstrate exceptional ownership of not only the area of your team, but across Slack’s entire Android codebase. You
have a “can do” demeanor and nothing is beneath you or outside your responsibilities because you do what it takes to deliver the highest quality code and the most impactful features. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
What You Should Have
- 7+ years of working experience in Android development
- A related technical degree required
- Experience developing with Kotlin
- Knowledge of common mobile design patterns like MVP, MVVM, MVI, etc.
- Experience using standard concepts and technologies such as Asynchronous
- Programming (RxJava or Coroutines), Dagger2, OkHttp3, Retrofit
- Experience with profiling UI, memory, and concurrency on Android
- Familiarity with API design and developing self-documenting, reusable components
- Experience using monitoring and metrics to support KPIs and performance
- Experience developing highly performant code and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- An interest in guiding, influencing, and growing other android engineers and teams
- A familiarity with the Android tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- An understanding of how to measure impact of your work and how it translates to the business
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
- A passion for building and maintaining excellent open source projects or otherwise adding to the Android community
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $175,600 to $254,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.