Technical Architect - Presales
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Technical Architect is a customer-facing strategic position within the Solutions Engineering organization. With a blend of business, technical, and sales skills, the Technical Architect acts as a domain expert who utilizes a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements. A Technical Architect helps our customers achieve a true omnichannel customer experience by applying their deep industry knowledge, understanding of data systems and integrations, and experience designing enterprise marketing solutions. Technical Architects help the sales teams develop and refine a customer-centric technical sales strategy and Salesforce-solution fit.
Technical Architects specialize in various domains, including but not limited to: application architecture, data management, integration, security, cloud computing, personalization, customer data platforms, distributed systems, email, mobile, social media, digital marketing strategies, artificial intelligence, and analytics.
The Solution Experts team is an innovative group of architects and specialists at the heart of our Solution organization. This talented team assists customers and prospects by developing and implementing strategies that elevate their digital marketing efforts. Through collaboration with customers, the Product team, Professional Services, and Partners, our Solution Experts craft unique solutions that enable our customers to connect with theirs in innovative ways. The environment within the Solution Experts team is dynamic and constantly evolving, with expertise in design, business consulting, and technology harnessed daily to drive innovation.
- Be the trusted advisor to our customers, prospects, and the broader Marketing Solutions Engineering (SE) team.
- Work with solutions engineers to understand the customer's unique business challenges and conduct architecture and solutioning workshops.
- Develop technical integration approaches, including data flow and architectural diagrams.
- Develop customized presentations, demonstrations, and prototypes to prove the solution's business value to the customer.
- Orchestrate targeted workshops that drive technical approaches and best practices aligned with the customer's defined business objectives and priorities.
- Present Salesforce Marketing Cloud technology infrastructure, with a deep understanding of the company's platform capabilities, hosting infrastructure, security, and integration capabilities.
- Assist Solutions Engineers in transferring knowledge to ensure successful use of the solution.
- Develop and deliver ongoing enablement, helpful content, repeatable solutions, and tools to support the Solutions Engineering organization.
- Continually participate in product, sales, and procedural trainings and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a track record of excellence.
- Relevant Salesforce CDP platform experience or equivalent Customer Data Platform/Management (Custom CDP Solutions, SaaS CDP Solutions such as Tealium AudienceStream, Adobe AEP, Segment, Arm Treasure Data, BlueShift, SessionM, RedPoint etc.) experience preferred
- 5+ years of proven consulting and solution design experience in working with customers.
- Understanding of REST/SOAP APIs, SDKs, and their applications.
- Knowledge of scalable computing resources via cloud environments like Amazon web services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud platform.
- Insight into cloud platform architecture, including SaaS, PaaS, and multi-tiered infrastructure.
- Remote position, with 25% - 60% travel required for client engagements and team collaboration.
- Natural tinkerer with an innate curiosity for exploring and experimenting to solve complex technical challenges.
- Comfort and ability to learn new technologies quickly & thoroughly
- Expertise in designing data pipelines across various systems.
- Proven experience presenting and demonstrating to senior business and technical stakeholders.
- Experienced in facilitating and leading customer-focused workshops.
- Familiarity with enterprise software sales processes and techniques.
- Awareness of Data Governance and Privacy regulations is an advantage.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $127,960 to $291,340.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $116,270 to $264,810.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $116,270 to $291,340.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $127,960 to $291,340.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.