Director, Software Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Service Protection: Director Job Description (JD)
About the Team and Role:
Salesforce now has $33 billion in annual revenues and continues to be the fastest growing enterprise software company ever!
The Service Protection team in the Salesforce Technology, Marketing, and Products (TMP) organization plays a critical role to achieve Salesforce’s business objective to maintain and improve customer trust and customer success. Every day, billions of customer transactions run on Salesforce’s multi-tenant cloud infrastructure and Service Protection services is on the critical path of every transaction, providing AI-powered resource management capabilities to maximize infrastructure availability and customer experience with resource monitoring and request management capabilities like throttling, rate-limiting, and auto-scaling.
The Service Protection team is looking a thoughtful and technical engineering leader to build, mentor, and grow a world class engineering team in India. Your job is to hire, develop, mentor, and drive the vision, strategy, and collaboration of your team of engineers to enable our customer’s to succeed by maintaining and improving availability Salesforce’s software service platform.
- Hire and build the service protection team in India, Bangalore and/or Hyderabad, with a team of world class software engineers
- Lead and grow the team to deliver impact and value to grow the business, and to effectively and efficiently collaborating with global cross functional teams and stakeholders across TMP
- Mentor and grow each individual team member by aligning and delivering on business goals
- Make sound technical decisions with deep understanding of business goals and how technical decisions delivers and impacts business goals
- Accountable to engage architects and leaders to align on the Service Protection Long Range Plan (LRP). The LRP has a 3 to 5 year time horizon
- Maintaining and fostering our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity
- Flexibility in working hours in order to collaborate effectively in a global engineering organization
- Masters / Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent Experience
- over all 15+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience in leading software engineers developing and running large scale, distributed, and mission critical software services
- Ability to identify, attract, and hire candidates with the required skill set and potential for growth
- Proven track record in ability to mentor and to grow software engineers careers at varying levels of experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and foresee conflicts and ability to deliver impactful and just-in-time feedback to resolve conflicts
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
- A solid understanding of both probability and statistics
- Experiencing applying artificial intelligence and machine learning to infrastructure software
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.