Software Engineering LMTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is seeking an engineering candidate to join COpTER’s Tooling Team..
This team provides for the entire organisation the best guidelines, tooling and support on our developer productivity journey by making it easier to deliver new versions of our current apps. We leverage the best of the core Salesforce stack and platform as well as many open source technologies running on a AWS stack.
As a member of the Tooling team, you will be responsible for designing, maintaining, testing and developing softwares that are used internally to improve the productivity of our systems and processes. You will also be working with other teams such as the SRE team and software engineering teams to improve our current processes by building and maintaining these tools.
Our geographically distributed group is composed by software engineers and site reliability engineers. Our CoPTER Tooling Team is looking for highly motivated developers who can learn fast, deliver highly-scalable and well-tested, high quality software and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate has a mix of software development, infrastructure and CI/CD experience. Candidates with previous experience as a site reliability engineer (SRE) or as a software engineer are welcome to apply. Extensive experience is not required in all of these topics, as long as the candidate is interested to learn about them.
- Design, implement, test and deliver softwares & tools within a set timeframe
- Develop, design and implement high quality automation for regular maintenance activities
- Collaborate with other technical teams to gather and understand requirements and present technical designs
- Document and report technical features of Salesforce’s software to improve maintenance and upgrades
- Build technical product demonstrations, provide hands-on technical demonstrations and address technical questions from other technical teams
- Monitor project deliverables and services, identify and resolve technical and functional issues
- Adopt and promote software engineering best practices, keep abreast of evolving technologies
- Participate in peer review and code quality utilizing test automation
Required skills and experience
- 10+ years of experience in software development using at least one of the following languages: C, C++, java, Python, Ruby, Perl, Go, Rust.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, AWS preferred
- Security-first mindset
- Experience in scripting with Bash
- Experience in the system administration of Unix-like (e.g. Linux, Solaris, BSD) systems
- Experience in building and releasing Docker images and other artifacts (e.g. versioned jar, pom, tarballs, etc.)
- Experience with git or equivalent (e.g. SVN, Mercurial, etc.)
- Experience working in a complex team environment and able to deliver under pressure and dependency constraints
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with exposure to incident response responsibilities and no-blame postmortem analysis
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience in using modern CI/CD systems (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker) to build and update CI/CD pipelines for applications
- Extensive knowledge of using and managing an artifact system (e.g. Artifactory, Nexus) and a Docker registry
- Experience with Java build tools (e.g. Gradle, Maven, Bazel)
- Experience deploying infrastructure on a public cloud environment (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack)
- Experience in using infrastructure automation tooling (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation, Vault, Consul, Packer)
- Experience in using Docker orchestrators (e.g. Kubernetes, Nomad, DC/OS, Mesos)
- JVM monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.