Senior/Staff/Lead Technical Writer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryEnterprise Technology & Infrastructure
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Technical writers at Salesforce produce documentation and content experiences that help customers get the most out of our products. We work closely with other writers, product managers, engineers, and the User Experience team in an Agile development environment to produce in-app assistance, help, guides, interactive training (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en), and videos for administrators, users, and developers. We’re passionate about innovating and developing solution-oriented content strategies that deliver the right content, the right way, at the right time.
But enough about us! Let’s talk about you.
- 4+ years of experience documenting software for technical audiences. Ability to write clean, concise, and approachable content.
- Proven ability to craft content for end users.
- Ability to quickly learn complex technologies.
- High standards of quality and attention to detail.
- Experience with XML-based authoring tools such as Oxygen.
- Experience with source control software such as Perforce or Git.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong advocate for the customer.
- Ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple deliverables within tight deadlines.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, communications, or writing field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of DITA and structured authoring.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with source control software
- Good to have ability to read, understand, and build short code samples in a variety of programming languages
- Experience with CRM applications (Salesforce familiarity a plus)
- Good to have experience with Salesforce-specific technologies (Apex, Lightning Web Components, etc.)
- Programming knowledge with HTML
- A related technical degree required
Benefits & Perks
Comprehensive benefits package including well-being reimbursement,
generous parental leave,
fertility benefits, and more!
World-class enablement and on-demand training with Trailhead.com
Exposure to executive thought leaders and regular 1:1 coaching with leadership
Volunteer opportunities and participation in our 1:1:1 model for giving back to the community
For more details, visit https://www.salesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.