Lead Solution Engineer, Higher Education
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for exceptional candidates to join the Solution Engineering team within Global Public Sector (GPS) at Salesforce. The Solution Engineer serves as a trusted advisor to our customers, as they demonstrate the power of the platform across Education Cloud use cases and opportunities. Additionally, this person will collaborate with cross-functional teams informing go-to-market strategies with the aligned region and delivery, enablement, and demo assets that support the larger SE team. If you possess a passion for education, applying and bringing strategic visions to life, critical thinking skills, and an unwavering commitment to customer success, you may be the ideal candidate for the job. Prior experience within the education industry and/or enterprise technology sales is highly desirable. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must.
Typical day in the life of an Education SE looks like:
- Understand individual customer goals and challenges through focused discovery and map them back into the Salesforce solution portfolio to position Salesforce as a strategic partner
- Lead the orchestration of both customer, SE, and sales teaming on accounts and opportunities
- On specific opportunities, run as Co-Captain with the AE and help coordinate the rest of the Opportunity team to help drive the opportunity to close.
- Teaming with specialist teammates, design innovative solutions to address the varied challenges faced by higher ed institutions and build those solutions on the Salesforce platform. Present customized story-driven demonstrations aligned with key business value and solution differentiation
- Proactively research and develop technical points of view in alignment with industry knowledge and understanding of the customer’s enterprise vision
- In pre-sales contexts, present Salesforce platform advantages, including security and cloud infrastructure, to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences including a wide range of stakeholders from line-staff right up to C-level executives
- Contribute to RFP/RFI submissions by coordinating response themes, response ownership, and co-creation of executive summaries alongside the rest of the account team.
- Participate in training and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in role
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives that you will define collaboratively with your manager
- Travel within North America
- Function effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy market segment and successfully balance multiple projects (Sales opportunities, enterprise RFPs, SME programs, internal enablement, etc.).
Necessary Skills/Your Responsibilities:
- Extensive experience in the IT industry, with experience in either pre-sales, implementation, or post-sales customer support on the Salesforce platform
- Experience within any or all of the following Salesforce product suites: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Education Cloud, Platform, and/or Experience Cloud.
- Hands-on experience with the Salesforce platform (deeper than end-user)
- The capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, team-selling tech sales environment
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems at all levels of higher education institutions
- Solid verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills – in both remote and onsite settings.
- Agreeable to up to 50% travel during peak seasons.
- Proven time management & prioritization skills in a dynamic sales environment
- Coordinate and lead the entire solution cycle through close collaboration with other high-performing teams
- 5 or more years relevant work experience
Desired Skills/Personality Attributes/Experience:
- Salesforce administrator or technical experience (beyond end-user)
- Knowledge, interest, and/or background in the education market
- Salesforce certifications - such as Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Education Cloud Consultant Certification, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, etc.
- Salesforce industry cloud / Vlocity experience including but not limited to common capabilities like Omni Studio, Business Rules Engine, Scheduler, Data Processing Engine, etc.
- Previous experience in pre-sales consulting as a Solution Engineer, Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect, Solutions Consultant, or other related roles
- Consulting or professional services experience implementing or at least configuring Salesforce
- Salesforce Trailhead Ranger status
- Likes to be the first to know something and to understand why and how things work.
- Being inquisitive: practice at asking questions and searching out answers. You love solving riddles and challenging puzzles.
- Highly driven and self motivated with the ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing environment
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $125,720 to $168,140.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.