Software Engineering Architect/PMTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud team is building the next generation of marketing solutions and is singularly focused on the needs of the Marketer. Our success is defined by our end-user's success. We lean into cohesive end-to-end campaign management experiences, allowing our customers to humanize moments for their customers, harness efficiencies to do more with less, and optimize the impact of their marketing spend. We define and build a Marketing Engagement product portfolio that strives to meet the needs of every marketing team for customers of all sizes, shapes, and industries.
We seek a talented, experienced, energetic, highly collaborative, and passionate architect to join us in delivering an innovative and aggressive roadmap. We work in a collaborative environment and value agility, innovation, technical craftsmanship, and customer trust.
- Integrate, build, extend, and expose Salesforce platform capabilities that enable marketers.
- Build rich experiences that scale from the smallest companies to the largest enterprises.
- Coordinates and drives the end-to-end architecture of the product
- Crafts overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
- Creates solutions that are enterprise-grade, scalable, and maintainable
- Drive strategic technology initiatives, working with Product Managers, other Architects, Engineers, SME's and the broader Salesforce organization
- Works in a consultative fashion to improve communication, teamwork, and alignment among teams inside and outside of the organization
- Analyzes and provides feedback on product strategy
- Provides input into long-range product requirements, standard methodologies, and operational guidelines, with focus on continuous improvement of platform reliability and serviceability
- Ensures that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address complex problems and keep services operational and highly available
- Mastery of multiple programming languages and platforms
- Experience building applications with complex service/microservice architectures and a mix of client-side and back-end technologies.
- 14+ years of software development experience
- Ability to independently craft, document, and deliver large, sophisticated projects.
- Ability to provide mentorship to team members to support their understanding of the architecture and aid in their technical development
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum)
- Ability to deliver in ambiguity and clarify product requirements and roadmap.
- Ability to work with other architects, principal architects, and Chief Technology Officers to craft the architectural vision and roadmap for the organization
- Develops technical performance architecture that solves most complex performance issues
- Ability to drive long-term design strategies that span multiple complex projects, deliver technical reports and performance presentations to customers and at industry events
- Ability to build an environment for clear and open discussion of all issues. You involve the right people, from your team and others, to resolve critical issues
- Experience in the full software lifecycle.
- Experience working in large enterprises with globally distributed engineering teams
- Experience developing on and with the Salesforce platform.
- Experience in Marketing / Advertising software.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.