Business Development Representative, Public Sector, UKI
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Business Development Representative, Public Sector
Location - London
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company. If you believe in bringing companies and customers together, in business as the greatest platform for change, in creating a more equitable and sustainable future for all – well, you’re in the right place. Through our #1 CRM, Customer 360, we help companies blaze new trails and connect with their customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world.
About the Role:
We are looking for driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude, and natural sales instincts to join our Public Sector Sales Development organization. This role entails:
- Generating new business pipeline through prospecting outbound opportunities
- Gaining interest through outbound cold calling
- Speaking to the Customer 360 Platform across a set of existing Salesforce customers and breaking into net new logos in your assigned territory
- Developing the foundation for a successful career in software sales
BDRs Drive Success By...
- Partnering closely with Account Executives to identify and source net new pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Building a point of view on how to help qualify customer's needs
- Speaking to value and return on investment vs. technical functionality
- Building credibility and trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Learning how to anticipate and prepare for objections
- Demonstrating adaptability and flexibility as part of an ever-growing sales organization
- Maintaining a high volume of strategic outreach in your accounts
- Prioritizing accounts and time effectively
- Researching and understanding various lines of business and personas
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Motivation, drive, and a self-starting attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to demonstrate active listening in order to understand customer needs
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- 1 - 4 years of professional sales experience
- Experience researching, account planning, prospecting, and cold calling into a large list of accounts that are a hybrid of net-new and existing install
- Experience being held to sales metrics and consistent achievement of year over year quota attainment
- Experience selling into Public Sector (State and Local government, DoD, Federal/Civilian, or Aerospace/Systems Integrators)
Our Investment in You:
- Sales Methodology Training
- Week-long corporate Bootcamp
- Dedicated peer mentor to guide your onboarding journey
- Weekly 1:1 coaching with your leadership
- A clear path to promotion into Account Executive roles as evidenced by a proven track record
- Exposure to executive thought leaders with a passion for living our values
Have you heard of our 1:1:1 model, focused on giving back to the community? The successes in giving back have helped us and our Trailblazer community become a leader in philanthropy, culture, and innovation. We are one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, according to Forbes, we are #1 in PEOPLE's Top 50 Companies that Care, and are on Fortune’s Change the World list. Values create value. Our values helped drive our revenue number to $13.28 billion dollars in FY19.
- Base Salary + Commission
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 3 Weeks Vacation plus Holidays
- 7 Paid Days off to Volunteer
- Medical/Dental Coverage
- Parental Benefits
- Gym/Yoga/Wellness Reimbursement
- And more!
More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.