Senior Manager, Salesforce Innovation Center
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryMarketing & Communications
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Leaders from the world’s most respected brands trust Salesforce to solve today’s digital imperative and uncover tomorrow’s potential. The Salesforce Innovation Center (SIC) brings our top executives and experts together with C-suite customers to partner on the path ahead. We design strategic, customer-centric discussions that reimagine what’s possible, inspire change, and enable companies to work smarter, collaborate better, and build deeper relationships.
The role of the Strategist is focused on delivering VP+ level customer engagements across all industries for our SIC in Chicago. The strategist will serve as a consultant & coach, ensuring we have the right strategy, approach, and standard processes to deliver impactful conversations and elevated experiences. A strategist will decipher customer objectives and account team goals to deliver a personalized and relevant engagement. Leading up to each engagement, the strategist will coach and partner with the account team in effectively prepping discussion leaders and formulating a plan for a seamless day-of experience.
This position requires strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills and the ability to communicate and foster relationships with Executive Leadership, Sales Leadership, and other key collaborators to ensure the success of engagements in a dynamic & fast-paced environment.
- Architect the end-to-end customer engagement, including curating strategic discussions, positioning appropriate solutions, and determining the optimum flow of the day
- Partner with the account teams to diagnose the customer's challenges, and use business/Salesforce knowledge to produce an experience that can address them
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of subject matter experts to curate customized engagements that support customers in their strategic transformations
- Serve as the main point of contact for account teams and facilitate conversations to build shared understanding throughout the engagement lifecycle
- Identify & secure Salesforce executives that will deliver the most engaging conversation. Lead prep efforts that guarantee their discussion is personalized and relevant to the customer audience.
- Be an expert on the Salesforce strategy, narrative, and ecosystem - understand all compelling content and discussion leaders.
- Work in collaboration with the broader SIC team to ensure a seamless experience across various partners: account team, discussion leader, executive leadership and customer.
- Proactively manage and maintain tools and resources to support efficient processes
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Ability to establish rapport, credibility, and influence across all levels and departments both internal and external
- Commitment to customer experience and a strong track record of delivering internal and external customer success
- Able to effectively collaborate across distributed (onsite & virtual) teams. Our ideal candidate thrives on peer interaction and knows how to strike the balance between ideation and committing to/implementing a plan.
- Strategic mentality and highly consultative approach to partnering with collaborators
- Strong eye for business with the ability to navigate through ambiguity to identify key objectives in order to craft a strategic customer engagement
- Exemplary verbal, presentation, and written communication skills, plus strong facilitation skills with an ability to balance conversation with diverse groups and potentially competing priorities
- Highly organized, adaptable, and thorough
- Ability to be onsite at the Chicago SIC up to 4-5 days a week
- Experience with Salesforce products and/or other SaaS and B2B technology platforms
- Proven experience designing and delivering executive engagements
- Familiarity with Salesforce corporate strategy and business development lifecycle
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.