Salesforce Platform Solution Architect
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryEnterprise Technology & Infrastructure
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Business Technology sets the new standard of enterprise IT. Built on the foundation of our core values - Trust, Ohana, Innovation - we own more than the traditional IT components with a heavy focus on working closely with our business partners for amazing outcomes. Our goal is to deliver technology that is centered around our business and our collective success. We are responsible for technology strategy, Salesforce on Salesforce, customer and partner enablement, applications engineering, infrastructure, collaboration, enterprise operations, architecture, and program enablement. We lead the world’s foremost Salesforce implementation and enable our global Ohana to do their best work by using our platform.
Salesforce IT accelerates the success of the Salesforce family through the best implementation of Salesforce on the planet. We value Trust, Scale, and Integration. We relentlessly pursue these values with the help of modern, lean, and self-governing Scrum teams. As part of Salesforce IT, you will play a key role on a hard-working, creative, and lively team. You will make a significant difference in product discovery and delivery. Come grow with us in an environment where professional development is encouraged, volunteerism is the norm, and innovation is a daily occurrence.
The Solution Architect is responsible for optimally designing and handling the delivery of cloud based solutions and technologies. Our technology stack is largely based on Salesforce products and APIs, with a specific focus on custom Force.com solutions, Lightning and Aura components, Mulesoft integration patterns, and Heroku. The Solution Architect role also requires a comprehensive understanding of the cloud-computing ecosystem. Our Architects typically specialize in a Salesforce platform (Sales, Service, Community, IoT, Einstein, Marketing, and Commerce Clouds) with the ability to develop solutions across multiple platforms.
- Work closely with Delivery Managers, functional Solution Architects, and directly with business partners to architect technology solutions to drive successful business outcomes;
- Design ground-breaking technical solutions and work directly with customers to meet their business requirements in accordance with industry standard processes;
- Clearly articulate business architecture (mission/vision, capability models, capability assessments) and technical architecture (current and future state diagrams, solution standard processes, reference architectures, design patterns).
- Lead and mentor development teams on projects;
- Implement sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions;
- Serve as a trusted advisor to internal business partners;
- Work collaboratively exercising strong communication skills, especially in instructing complex concepts;
- Continuously provide standard processes to ensure the customer receives desired returns on investment
- Identify and lead internal critical initiatives to grow our internal consulting practice; Serve as an active contributor to the overall knowledge-base and expertise of the architectural community.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years relevant experience preferred
- 3+ years of relevant business analyst/product owner, technical lead or architecture experience preferred
- Experienced knowledge of Object Oriented programming
- A related technical degree required
- Multiple SFDC certifications preferred
- Good understanding of a complex business, application, security, infrastructure or enterprise architecture domain
- Hands-on expertise driving and completing business process modeling, POC's, Pilots and solution implementations
- Extensive experiences with integration platforms supporting critical, large volumes
- Good understanding of a specific business, application, security, infrastructure or enterprise domain within the enterprise including business processes and solution capabilities
- Good understanding of architectural landscape, including:
- Knowledge of at least one major architectural area (WebDev, AppStore, Business, Integration, Data, Security, Infrastructure, enterprise, etc.)
- Familiarity of ALL other major architectural areas
- Has acted as a lead business, technical or solution architect in a specific functional/technical area or enterprise architecture disciple in the past
- Good understanding of Salesforce product architecture
- Experience/Knowledge of CPQ, Salesforce Revenue Cloud and Sales Could is a plus
- Stays ahead of technology trends for a specific business, application, security or infrastructure domain
- Ability to mentor and develop junior team members
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to be a great teammate, motivate people, ensure accountability and achieve results
- Ability to efficiently communicate status and risk to the team and manager
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
- BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning; approaches each interaction with open mind; great listener and hands-on
- LEADERSHIP: Self-aware and strategic problem solver; proficient at building strong relationships
- COMMUNICATOR: Speaks and writes with clarity, brevity, and purpose; explains area of expertise clearly and confidently to others; influences and engages C-Level with authority and confidence
- STORYTELLER: Confidently and effectively facilitates and presents; ably defends point-of-view; keeps audiences engaged and delivers a clear and memorable message
- TEAM PLAYER: Proficient at collaboration and working with members of a team
- URGENCY: Ability to adapt quickly and drive business value and results
- TRUST: Trusts the company’s core values; shows integrity, visibility, and reliability
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
- COMMUNITY CHAMPION: Leads internal initiatives; actively gives to the Community’s knowledge and resource base
In office expectations are 10 days a quarter to support customers and/or collaborate with their teams.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.