Partner Success Technical Architect
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce’s Alliances & Channels (A&C) Partner Success Technical Architect role is designed to act as co-pilots to our India partner's technology-related support. There are two main functions of the team.
1) Assessment & Evangelization: Deeply understanding the partner solution / use case landscape. Sharing a compelling Salesforce story to our partner ecosystem, capturing partner mindshare, and driving the integration of Salesforce technology into partner use cases. Collaborating closely with, our product organization on solution development to ensure alignment between Product and partner (i.e. provide visibility into product roadmap).
2) Solution Co-Creation: Providing technical expertise for Salesforce products and solutions to the partner ecosystem, supporting the India Partners on actionable solutions-related activities. Co-creating & delivering packaged solutions, thought leadership, and scalable resources such as first call deck, demo assets, holodecks, technical reference architectures, and customer stories to drive sales growth. Driving the Go To Market (GTM) activation of the solutions across Sales, A&C, and Professional Services for the solutions.
Salesforce is seeking Technical Architects to join our A&C Partner Success team. The Senior Technical Architect serves as a strategic advisor and Salesforce product and platform expert to the company’s partners.
Technical Architects collaborate with our Partners during solution development cycles to share their extensive knowledge of the Salesforce.com platform and product suite, providing expertise on our product solutions (both new and existing) where required. Combined with their experience in technical architecture, enterprise integration, and business solution implementation, they directly drive toward the best possible solutions. They paint a solution vision, architect the system, and provide guidance to internal & partner teams during the implementation.
Technical Architects are highly effective in interacting across technical and business resources from the developer level through mid-management and above and are therefore a trusted advisors for business and technology collaborators. Finally, with experience in software delivery cycles based on agile methodologies, the Technical Architect supports and is in close alignment with project management activities.
- Ensure scalable and standard methodology solutions to meet and exceed partner needs.
- Guide the evaluation of business and technical requirements in solution design.
- Build relationships with key collaborators and team members both internally with our product teams and externally with the partner teams.
- Act as lead architect for the overall engagement by coordinating and aligning the work of multiple architects on the team where necessary.
- Align with Solution Managers to support planning in close collaboration with the partner.
- Review and guide solution vision and direction, development approach, and key artifacts in partnership with the solution manager.
- Direct early solution evaluation, including proactive management of issues and effective engagement with executives, the account team, engineering, and product management internally and externally with partners.
- Where required, hands-on application configuration to meet partner and customer needs.
- Direct and mentor diverse teams, such as customers, partners, and colleagues in technical delivery aspects, as well as non-technical topics such as communication strategies or executive influence.
- Fuel our internal growth by identifying, leading, or contributing to internal pivotal initiatives, such as innovations, building up a strategic brand, and nurturing teammates' skills by sharing knowledge.
- Where required, support pre-sales activities to position Partner solutions with Salesforce sales teams.
- Contribute to broader goals by becoming a citizen philanthropist and giving back to our communities by joining or leading volunteering activities.
- 15+ years of enterprise architecture or consulting experience
- Hands-on technical consulting, solution implementation experience, deep expertise in the Salesforce platform, and coding experience in object-oriented languages.
- Ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration.
- Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Experience Cloud, Industry Clouds, etc.) APIs, Apex/Visualforce, Lightning, mobile development technologies, and integration/ETL technologies, and related ISV technologies.
- Strong background in design/development of large web-based systems, or complete software product lifecycle exposure
- Strong knowledge and experience of Salesforce development and configuration.
- Experience in guiding partners and project members in rationalizing and deploying technology for business use cases. Especially AI and other newer technologies.
- Work independently and as part of a distributed team and have a willingness to take ownership of problems.
- Rapidly learn new AI technologies as well as strong presentation, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Available to travel regionally and occasionally internationally depending on partner needs.
- Experience will be evaluated based on alignment with the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer work, etc.).
- Experience in a major Salesforce Industry such as FINS, RCG, MFG, HLS, etc.
- Experience with enterprise application, data, security, and integration architecture patterns and domains
- Hands-on technical consulting and solution implementation experience with Salesforce’s existing products and solutions.
- A detailed understanding of Web Services, Data Modeling, and Enterprise application integration concepts, including experience with enterprise integration tools (ESBs and/or ETL tools), and common integration design patterns with enterprise systems (e.g. CMS, ERP, HRIS, DWH/DM).
- Ability to build and maintain key relationships with C-level / mid-level and key decision-makers.
- Experience as a Senior Architect and/or CTO in a mid to large-sized organization with leadership driving an organizational transformation in a matrixed organization.
- Experience in defining and delivering enterprise applications on the Salesforce Platform including coded solutions.
- Familiarity with platform authentication patterns (SAML, SSO, OAuth)
- Knowledge of data integration tools and experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems (ETL, CPQ, marketing automation, reporting, etc.)
- Strong understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
The following Salesforce.com certifications are preferred:
- Salesforce.com Certified System Architect
- Salesforce.com Certified Technical Architect
- Salesforce.com Certified CTA
- Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Administrator
- Salesforce.com Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce.com Certified Service Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce.com Certified Platform App Builder
- Salesforce.com Certified Marketing Cloud
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.