Technical Support Engineer - MuleSoft
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
• MuleSoft's Customer Support team is looking for talented individuals with a passion for researching complex technologies and a track record of high customer satisfaction to help our team drive customer success with MuleSoft products. We maintain an extremely high level of satisfaction across our customer base, and we take great pride in our operational efficiency and the strength of the solutions we provide to our customers.
• As a member of the Support team, you will leverage advanced technical expertise to resolve complex platform-related issues affecting customers. As a Technical Support Engineer expert, you will enable customer success by helping our customers to overcome crippling technical challenges. You will provide hands-on troubleshooting, feature explanation, and best practice guidance to the broader Technical Support team to assist customers during critical and time-sensitive situations while partnering with development teams.
• You'll find yourself researching new technologies every day, including Web Services, HTTP, JMS, JEE application servers, and many types of Enterprise Software. This role will give you an opportunity to build expertise and fast-track your career toward customer-facing technical roles, and your successes will have an impact across the company.
• Work Hours: The candidate primarily needs to work US WEST shift. However, We are a 24x7 Support Hub, the candidate hence needs to be ready to work any shift based on business requirements.
• Take ownership of customer issues through to resolution - including troubleshooting, internal communication, and providing meaningful feedback on a regular basis to assist with troubleshooting integrations involving third-party APIs and implementation of other products.
• Liaise and work closely with the internal teams on escalated technical issues and product roadmap changes/new features.
• Provide feature explanation and implementation best practices.
• Create knowledge base materials dedicated to operational efficiency while empowering and enabling the developer community.
• Respond promptly and effectively to technical support requests from clients regarding integration API-related issues.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, offering timely and accurate solutions to ensure minimal disruption to clients' operations.
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including developers and operations, to resolve complex integration challenges.
• Document and track support cases, solutions, and interactions in our support systems to maintain accurate records.
• Escalate critical issues to development teams when necessary, ensuring timely resolution.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven analysis, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.).
• Strong understanding of REST and SOAP web-based services, with a working knowledge of WSDL interpretation, generation, and consumption.
• Experience troubleshooting Internet technologies: HTTP, firewalls, web servers, proxy servers, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of database concepts and data management (RDBMS) and SQL.
• 4+ years of Experience in Application Support including middleware/networking knowledge. Knowledge of multi-tenant, grid, parallel, or distributed computing architectures.
• Knowledge and troubleshooting experience with at least one programming language, such as Java, .NET, or PHP, and analyzing thread dumps and heap dumps as an added advantage.
What you'll need to be successful:
Industry relevant experience
• Must have experience in Java development and concepts, including debugging against Java APIs, providing technical solutions, examining thread dumps and threading issues, and hosting services using JEE and/or JSE framework
• Experience with JEE Application Servers and Containers (administration, deployment, and/or development in Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, Spring, etc.)
• Deep knowledge of Internet technologies and protocols such as HTTP and FTP
• Experience with SOAP, REST, Webservices, Tomcat, XML, JMS, WS, and SOA/Integration technologies
• Integration product support is preferred. Other integration vendors include IBM, BEA, Oracle, Tibco, etc. Knowledge of Open Source business and/or past contributions to open-source projects is also favorable
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $80,700 to $111,000.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.