Specialist Solution Engineer 7
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Overview of the Role:
We have an outstanding opportunity for an expert AI and Data Cloud Solutions Engineer to work with our trailblazing customers in crafting ground-breaking customer engagement roadmaps demonstrating the Salesforce applications, platform across the machine learning and LLM/GPT domains in India! The successful applicant will have a track record in driving business outcomes through technology solutions, with experience in engaging at the C-level with Business and Technology groups.
* Primary pre-sales technical authority for all aspects of AI usage within the Salesforce product portfolio - existing Einstein ML based capabilities and new (2023) generative AI
* Majority of time (60%+) will be customer/external facing
* Evangelisation of Salesforce AI capabilities
* Assessing customer requirements and use cases and aligning to these capabilities
* Solution proposals, working with Architects and wider Solution Engineer (SE) teams
* Building reference models/ideas/approaches for inclusion of GPT based products within wider Salesforce solution architectures, especially involving Data Cloud
* Alignment with customer security and privacy teams on trust capabilities and values of our solution(s)
* Presenting at multiple customer events from single account sessions through to major strategic events (World Tour, Dreamforce)
* Representing Salesforce at other events (subject to PM approval)
* Minority (but significant) proportion of time working with internal teams
* Sales and SE organisation education and enablement e.g. roadmap - all roles across all product areas
* Bridge/primary contact point to product management
* Provide thought leadership in how large enterprise organisation can drive customer success through digital transformation.
* Ability to uncover the challenges and issues a business is facing by running successful and targeted discovery sessions and workshops.
* Be an innovator who can build new solutions using out-of-the-box thinking.
* Demonstrate business value of our AI solutions to business using solution presentations, demonstrations and prototypes.
* Build roadmaps that clearly articulate how partners can implement and accept solutions to move from current to future state.
* Deliver functional and technical responses to RFPs/RFIs.
* Work as an excellent teammate by chipping in, learning and sharing new knowledge.
* Demonstrate a conceptual knowledge of how to integrate cloud applications to existing business applications and technology.
* Lead multiple customer engagements concurrently.
* Be self-motivated, flexible, and take initiative.|
* Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core proficiencies or the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
* 4+ years working directly in the commercial technology space with AI products and solutions.
* Data knowledge - Data science, Data lakes and warehouses, ETL, ELT, data quality
* AI knowledge - application of algorithms and models to solve business problems (ML, LLMs, GPT)
* 10+ years working in a sales, pre-sales, consulting or related function in a commercial software company
* Strong focus and experience in pre-sales or implementation is required.
* Experience in demonstrating Customer engagement solution, understand and drive use cases, customer journeys, ability to draw ‘Day in life of’ across different LOBs.
* Business Analysis/ Business case/return on investment construction.
* Demonstrable experience in presenting and communicating complex concepts to large audiences
* A broad understanding of and ability to articulate the benefits of CRM, Sales, Service and Marketing cloud offerings
* Strong verbal and written communications skills with a focus on needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques.
* Continuous learning attitude with a demonstrated history of self enablement and advancement in both technology and behavioural areas.
* Academic qualification to Masters post-graduate degree level in computing/computer science. Qualification in an AI related subject (ML, deep learning, NLP etc.)
* Familiar with technologies such as OpenAI, Google Vertex, Amazon Sagemaker, Snowflake, Databricks etc
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.