Lead/Senior Software Engineer - Hyperforce Kubernetes Platform
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
As an engineer you will be responsible for designing and implementing the software for managing Kubernetes clusters at scale. You will be creating design documents, presenting to an audience, and then implementing your designs. A large part of you job will also include evaluating and integrating open source technologies into the HKP software stack.
Hyperforce Kubernetes Platform (HKP), is the internal Kubernetes team at Salesforce. Our team provides multi-substrate managed Kubernetes with 'Salesforce integrations as a service', on top of cloud K8s engines. We empower service owners to focus on the unique value of their service, without having to focus on infrastructure, increasing developer agility and decreasing operational costs and complexity.
As of today, 81% (1430 services) of K8s based services that run on Falcon, leverage HKP. This includes Salesforce critical services such as Core, SDB, Marketing & Journeys, Service Cloud , Tableau, Sales Cloud, etc that all live in production. The HKP team is pivotal to the success of the company with the overall strategy of the company to move to Hyperforce powered by KP providing underlying infrastructure.
The HKP team is looking for engineers across levels SMTS/LMTS with a focus on hands on development and a can do attitude.
Comprehension in the following programming languages or equivalents
Golang, Python / Bash (Minimal shell knowledge is required, but familiarity is required), Java, C#, C++ etc
Comprehension and hands-on experience in the following Technologies
- Kubernetes, Docker, and container orchestration
- AWS services. Especially IAM and cloud networking
- CI/CD services. eg. Jenkins, Argo, Spinnaker
- Observability tools. eg. Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, ElasticSearch, Argus
- Overall 6-13 years of experience
- Experience using Infrastructure as code
- Understanding of DevOps Principles
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills, with a strong ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Why should you join the HKP team?
- Opportunity to make a big impact across the Company
- Enhancements to the platform positively impacts 1500+ service team across salesforce
- Leverage to reduce CTS
- Ability to work on a growing open source technology Kubernetes.
- Creative Freedom to solve issues at scale for distributed systems.
- Chance to write blogs and share the success stories of the team in Conferences and Open Source Forums. Some public talks:
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.