Director, Real Estate Portfolio Strategy & Transactions - EMEA Region
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryReal Estate & Facility Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
About the job
The Real Estate Director will be a key member of the Portfolio Strategy and Transactions team within the Real Estate and Workplace Services organization. You will focus on real estate portfolio planning that will shape Salesforce’s global real estate footprint. This position requires a demonstrated ability to lead multiple work streams to drive execution. The ideal candidate has a combination of real estate transactions and finance experience and a keen understanding and passion for the exciting business of Real Estate.
This role will report to the Sr. Director of Real Estate Portfolio Strategy & Transactions
* Develop and drive long-term portfolio plans across all sites in assigned region, including directing scenario planning and market analysis for real estate strategies
* Provide executive project oversight for strategic real estate projects that typically require cross-functional and external resource allocation and/or alignment
* Lead the End-to-End lifecycle of real estate transactions (from strategy to execution), coordinating with service providers and working cross-functionally with internal teams to drive deals to a timely close
* Manage and drive lease negotiations for both growth location and sublease/downsize locations in the best interest of Salesforce
* Provide a key thought partnership role to help drive the strategic agenda forward
* Monitor and track critical lease dates
* Collaborate with Finance, Strategy, and Business Partner team to create annual budgets
* Prepare deal summaries and approval decks for executive communication
* Conduct ad-hoc analysis and decision support
* Work closely with the lease administration team
* Pro-actively find opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
Requirements: Education, Experience, and Key Skills
* 10+ years experience in a combination of Real Estate Transaction Management/ Portfolio Scenario Analysis and/or Finance with a track record of success, including experience working in a corporate real estate team
* Effectively collaborate across multiple teams within Real Estate to gather data collection and analysis requirements
* Experience in negotiating and driving complex lease transactions, engaging with legal teams, broker teams, and internal partners
* Experience in negotiating a wide variety of transactions, incl. new lease acquisitions, lease renewals, dispositions (subleases, terminations) etc.
* Experience leading internal approval process and managing approval timeline
* Effectively manage transactions across multiple countries and time zones
* Flexible and comfortable pivoting quickly on portfolio scenario analysis; ability to handle multiple high-visibility transactions simultaneously
* Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent analytical skills - both planning and financial
* Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
* Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
* Highly responsive and service-oriented demeanor
* Ability to operate in a high impact, fast-paced environment
* Ability to think strategically and act in a detailed, hands-on manner
* Experience working in a results-driven, solutions-oriented, and fast-paced environment with competing priorities
* Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Finance and/or Business Administration related
Location - London or Dublin
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three radical ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $128,000. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.As a federal contractor, Salesforce is required to verify that all US-based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.