Software Engineering LMTS, Heroku Platform
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Heroku Production Engineering enables world-class service ownership by creating and maintaining exceptional tools for our internal engineers to build, deploy, and observe their products. We increase efficiency and reduce toil by constructing a Golden Path for frequently executed tasks that has compliance, security, and best-in-class operations “baked in”. Internal engineers and stakeholders know they can rely on us for robust, resilient tools that enable their total service ownership, from deploying and operating their services to observing its performance and cost to analyzing and preventing incidents.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Heroku Production Engineering Support Experience team (aka SupportEx). Support Experience owns the many internal and customer-facing services used to deliver Heroku’s best-in-class customer support. The mandate of the Support Experience team is to keep our long-established suite of Support tools and automation maintainable, resilient, and secure. In partnership with Support, the team will focus on creating future-proof tooling for Support Engineers that enables them to deliver fast, relevant, and insightful support to Heroku’s broad customer base.
- Day-to-day operations and maintenance of our existing services.
- Development of services and automation to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Extend the capabilities and features of our services to support emerging use cases.
- Supporting your colleagues in other teams to understand their needs and pain points and provide a high level of customer service.
- Participation in the on-call rotation with your team to keep services operational and highly available.
- 9+ years in a full-time, professional software engineering role.
- Experience developing production software in Ruby.
- Experience maintaining and enhancing RESTful APIs.
- Experience implementing support applications and tools that allow customer support agents to efficiently and effectively help customers.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and learning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds.
- Experience with infrastructure management tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation.
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with Heroku.
- Experience using AWS and familiarity with its services and offerings.
- Experience operating complex systems and managing operational responsibilities.
- Experience with agile or agile-like development processes.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.