Production Support Engineering LMTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
- Note: By applying to the DevOps Engineers, posting recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring DevOps Engineers will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
Our Technology, Marketing & Products Engineering team is tasked for innovating and maintaining a substantial distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. Our platform is deeply customizable to meet the differing demands of our vast user base, creating an exciting environment filled with sophisticated challenges for our hundreds of agile engineering teams every day!
We are defining the next generation of trusted enterprise computing in the cloud. We're a fast-paced, agile and innovative team. We work across all areas of our technology stack. We enable critical services for the business, qualify sophisticated compute changes, trail-blaze new engineering solutions for the cloud!
* Work with engineers on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of meaningful infrastructure services (i.e. logging, monitoring and alerting)
* Scoping of work, management of backlog and predictability of project delivery
* Provide guidance into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement of Platform Service Composability and availability
* Develop and own standard processes/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc. to improve organization-wide visibility into how distributed systems interact and perform in production
* Analyze and comprehend how customers are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement of the offering based on that
* Own daily operational goals with the team
* Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing standard processes for coding, testing, and deployment
* A related technical degree required
* 4+ years work experience in a DevOps or similar role
* Knowledge of OO programming and concepts (Java, C++, C#, Python)
* Fluency in one or more scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
* In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures
* Experience in configuration management technologies such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
* Experience with AWS or another cloud PaaS provider
* Solid understanding of how to configuration, deployment, management and maintenance of large cloud-hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and disaster recovery
* Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines
* Lead, collaborate, communicate, and mentor
* Championing a culture and work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion
* A strong background in open source technology
* Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
* Experience with Containers and orchestration services like Kubernetes, Docker etc.
* Understanding of fundamental network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP
* Understand cloud security and best practices.
Benefits & Perks
Check out ourbenefits sitewhich explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
*IN SCHOOL OR GRADUATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS? PLEASE VISIT FUTUREFORCE FOR OPPORTUNITIES*
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.