System Security Operations, Devops- GovCloud
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good– you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is looking to grow our expanding Gov Cloud team. To join this team, you'll need to have a passion for security, and love hands-on systems administration/automation. As a Systems Security Operations Engineer for Gov. Cloud, you will work with various teams, app. owners, and should have a solid understanding of Unix/Linux. Working with multiple teams will require strong core skills with confidence in general networking knowledge and have strong grasp on security concepts.
As a key member of our team, the Senior Systems Engineer will work on the 'front lines' of the Salesforce production environment, the largest SaaS platform on the planet, protecting our critical infrastructure and proactively defending our customers' data. The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for operations tasks such as patching, releases, building new roles/services in production as required, assisting teams with troubleshooting, enhancing the security of our production systems, developing the tools to help us maintain our production environment, ensuring that we maintain our external compliance certifications, and deploying and maintaining the systems in our production data centers.
- Management/Review of systems host configurations
- System vulnerability assessments and remediation, including the assessment/deployment of vendor security updates
- Support ongoing and new service/compliance initiatives
- Security incident response in coordination with other teams across the company and/or externally as required
- Deploy and manage systems, security, and application systems
- Design and develop tools to automate operations or reporting tasks
- Ability to work with multiple customers, context switch, learn fast, and communicate well
- Demonstrated understanding of general Unix/Linux systems administration (Or similar, e.g. Ubuntu, Solaris, etc.)
- Knowledge of host-based security
- Working knowledge of standard Unix infrastructure tools/protocols. (DHCP, DNS, NTP, SYSLOG, SSH, IPSec etc.)
- Familiarity with OSI model
- Basic cross-functional understanding of network engineering concepts and protocols (e.g., TCP, UDP, SSL, VLAN, etc.)
- Experience with writing scripts and automation (Python, Go, Shell, etc)
- Familiarity with Linux authentication and authorization methodologies, such as Kerberos, LDAP, Sudo, etc.
- Experience undergoing audit and implementing new controls specific to with Government standards including FedRamp, DOD SRG, PCI, SOC, ISO
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent work experience
- U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship.
- Host-based firewall security experience (access control list (ACL) management, secure remote management practices, IDS, etc.
- Host-based security to include HIDS/HIPS, system auditing frameworks, etc.
- Configuration management with open-source tools, such as puppet, chef, salt, or ansible.
- Working in high-availability, 24x7x365 large-scale multi-data center environment
- TACACS+, RADIUS, multifactor authentication systems (SecurID, YubiKey, etc.)
- Cloud Infrastructure Experience SaaS
- Securing, troubleshooting, and operating multi-tiered applications
- Strong communication skills
- Security based credentials highly desired (SSCP, GIAC GCUX, GSEC, GCED,GCIH,GCIA, etc)
U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship. You agree to complete a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position with the U.S. federal government or other clearances as deemed appropriate for the role.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.