Senior Director, Technical Support Engineering-1
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce Service Cloud Customer Success is looking for a Sr. Director, Technical Customer Support. If you have shown experience in applying strong technical, consultative skills, including business acumen, customer empathy, and the ability to influence and partner, this could be your match. We are looking for a leader that is independent, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and thrives in a dynamic, global, and fluid environment and is results-focused.
As an active member of the Service Cloud Global Customer Success organization, we expect you to contribute to the Global support vision, bring initiatives to the table and collaborate to the long-term technical vision, to support the company mission and vision.
- Continuously seek to improve processes and working practices to ensure that these goals are achieved and that Salesforce remains at the forefront of the industry in the provision of customer service.
- Act as an escalation point for high severity customer issues that arise from within the team; directly from customers or from other Salesforce functions. Build supportive and reliable relationships across the organization.
- Align the team goals with the company's vision, mission, and objectives.
- Provide daily operational leadership to the AMER service cloud success teams.
- Provide mentorship and direction to your staff.
- Meticulously monitor the metrics and take action from them to drive customer satisfaction and retention.
- Work closely with different stakeholders across the global business in order to provide the best in class service to our customers, onboard them, and support them, directly contributing to business growth.
- Hire and coach world class talent and manage performance that allows someone to do the best work of their career and ensures career growth opportunities
- Builds highly effective, collaborative relationships with peers on the Support leadership team as well other CSG teams including Success, Services, and Renewals.
- Engages deeply with our customers to listen to, and action feedback.
- Expert at rebuilding customer trust, taking points, and personally driving highly escalated situations. Leads escalations from Field and Account teams in an expeditious but comprehensive manner.
- Builds positive relationships and alignment with key executives and leaders across the company.
- Has a Beginners Mindset, always looking for new ways to make things better.
- Embodies the values of Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality.
- Ensures that customer service is always leveraging the latest features in Salesforce Service Cloud and AI.
- Strong analytical approach and ability to drive forward in ambiguous and fast-paced environments.
- 18+ years experience in an enterprise Technical Support environment, handling complex Platform and Application Support.
- 10+ years leading Global teams interacting with internal and customer executives
- An authority in Support automation, has delivered world class Support automation at scale
- Experience with service organizations including support, success, and training
- Strong technical and finance acumen, with a demonstrated ability to run and lead complex central functions
- People & Stakeholder Orientation – the ability to drive change through various stakeholders across the business
- Proven track record to lead large direct teams and highly cross-functional teams across the organization
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and drive success across multiple large-scale initiatives
- Strong core values, high ethical standards, and sound judgment
- Effectively champion diversity of team, thought, and opinion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to convey complex ideas in a strategic and concise fashion at all levels
- Familiarity with Salesforce, as a user, admin, or developer
- Strong public speaking abilities
- Ability to balance multiple priorities while staying calm and bringing the right focus
- Adapts to, and thrives in, periods of uncertainty and change
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.