Sr. Manager/Director, Software Engineering Observability & Monitoring
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Monitoring Cloud is seeking a Director to lead engineers to architect, implement, deliver and operate our monitoring & analytic services that run in the public cloud at massive scale.
Monitoring Cloud is an integral part of the Salesforce Infrastructure that provides key insights for all development teams to quickly detect and remediate incidents to ensure the highest availability of Salesforce products for our customers. This cloud owns the entire telemetry stack starting with the agents that emit, collect and ship telemetry to large-scale backend systems that store data and enable efficient and low-latency queries to provide valuable insights. We support all the key pillars of telemetry - metrics, logs, traces and events at massive scale. Our teams have built these services using a combination of open source technologies and home grown technologies, both of which were essential at Salesforce scale and this has been architected from the ground up to run efficiently in the public cloud.
As an engineering leader, you will focus on developing the team around you. Bring your technical chops to drive your teams to success around feature delivery and live-site management for a complex cloud infrastructure service. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve. You will also help shape, direct and execute our product vision. You’ll be challenged to blend customer-centric principles, industry-changing innovation, and the reliable delivery of new technologies. You will work directly with engineering, product, and design, to create experiences that reinforce the Salesforce brand by delighting and wowing our customers with highly reliable and available services.
- Drive the vision for monitoring & analytic engineering across product verticals and define the execution path to achieve the vision.
- Build and lead a team of engineers to deliver reliable, scalable and secure monitoring and analytic services for various business needs.
- Solid experience in building and evolving large scale distributed systems to reliably process billions of data points
- Proactively identify reliability & data quality problems and drive triaging and remediation process.
- Invest in continuous employee development of a highly technical team by mentoring and coaching engineers and technical leads in the team.
- Recruit and attract top talent.
- Drive execution and delivery by collaborating with cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineers.
- Experience managing 2+ engineering teams.
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Sciences or equivalent field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in software development teams with 5+ years of experience managing teams
- Passionate, curious, creative, self-starter and approach problems with right methodology and intelligent decisions.
- Laser focus on impact, balancing effort to value, and getting things done.
- Experience providing mentorship, technical leadership, and guidance to team members.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed.
- Top notch written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in data processing techniques.
- Experience with container orchestration systems Kubernetes, Docker, Helios, Fleet
- Expertise in open source technologies like Elastic Search, Logstash, Kakfa, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Trino/Presto, Hive, Airflow, Splunk
- Experience building services on public cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, Azure
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $172,500 to $280,200.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,200 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.