Senior Manager, Technical Account Manager
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company. If you believe in bringing companies and customers together, in business as the greatest platform for change, in creating a more equitable and sustainable future for all – well, you’re in the right place. Through our #1 CRM, Customer 360, we help companies blaze new trails and connect with their customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) team’s primary goal is to help clients maximize the value of their Salesforce investment. TAMs excel at simplifying complex technical issues into practical solutions. They work closely with our customers, leveraging their in-depth technical product knowledge. They form strong relationships with clients, understand their Salesforce setup, share technical best practices, and serve as the primary contact during major incidents, managing customer expectations and communications until resolution.
Role Description （Introduction）:
A Manager of Technical Account Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of our customers by utilizing the performance of assigned TAM. Also, this role should ensure the quality of the service delivery by providing hands on supports to the team members. Team building, maintaining the positive and collaborative team culture, enhancing effective communication across all departments, supporting service selling are also important missions.
Your Impact （Success）:
The successful candidate will be independent, positive and has growth mindset, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented, influential, responsible, and able to define and provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of elite professional support.
Your Impact （Responsibilities）:
·Manage a team of Technical Account Manager located in Japan region
·Lead the daily operations of the team members, including schedules, out of office coordination, health check delivery, etc.
·Lead the service delivery quality and customer satisfaction; ensure the CSAT are being met or exceeded to the target score.
·Lead a team of highly skilled engineers to handle customer requests and escalations
·Identify opportunities to improve metrics and team efficiency
·Hire, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure an efficient business operation.
·Coordinate with other team Managers to ensure optimal assignment of resources across overall customer demand.
·Manage the communication of new or recurring problems to product management, product development, customer facing employees, and customers.
·Conduct regular 1:1 meetings and Formal Reviews/evaluation with team members to monitor progress, to set expectations, and to mentor and develop employee skills
·Receive and handle customer complaints and escalate to appropriate personnel ensuring successful and timely resolution
·Identify and implement changes to methods, processes, systems, and technologies to improve operational metrics.
·Inspire continuous improvement in the service delivery according to business objectives.
·Bridge knowledge and process gaps with teams
·Minimize escalations via early warning processes
·Ensure team has access to appropriate tools, methodologies, resources needed
·Collaborate closely with peer managers as part of a global team to ensure regional goals are met
·Collaborate with sales team to support providing the value of Signature Success to more customers.
·Collaborate and sync with global team to optimize Japan local business and operation.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Enterprise Architecture, Technology Consulting, Customer Success, Technology Solutions Development, Technical and/or Solutions Architecture.
- 4＋ years in support/service management or operation lead position, ideally managing consulting resources
- Experience in dealing with large, complex, distributed systems scale business.
- Comfortable in dealing with IT systems that support end to end business processes across the customers’ value chain.
- Large scale implementation experience with complex solutions environments.
- Navigate, escalate and lead efforts on complex customer requests or projects involving multiple parties and enterprise systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- Skills for both analyzing technical concepts and translating them into business terms, and for mapping business requirements into technical features.
- Strong knowledge of business processes (Sales, Service, Marketing, Support) business applications and automation.
- Thorough familiarity with the database, application and network technologies used in Cloud Computing (e.g knowledge of network topologies and devices, database concepts and SQL, multi-tenancy).
- Knowledge of the software development process and of software design methodologies (coding experience useful, but not required).
- Fluent level proficiency Japanese in both written and verbal communication skills
- Business level proficiency English in both written and verbal communication skills (TOEIC 730 and above)
- Salesforce product certifications are a plus (Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Platform App Builder, Service Cloud Consultant, Sales Cloud Consultant etc).
- Enterprise Architecture Experience is a plus.
- Deep technical knowledge and implementation experience with software development patterns (MVC, N-Tiered).
- Deep technical knowledge of Salesforce products and features, capabilities, best use and how to deploy, including knowledge of the Salesforce platform and ecosystem.
- Knowledge of Salesforce multi-org implementation best practices and strategies.
- Experience defining and delivering custom Force.com enterprise applications in a technical and/or functional leadership role.
- Business level proficiency Korean in both written and verbal communication skills is an advantage
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.