Business Development Representative
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” seven years in a row and #1 on the FORTUNE ‘100 Best Companies to Work For®’ List. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible career expansion at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
As a Business Development Representative you are the fuel to our revenue engine, and the key to our continued growth across the region, building inroads across a breadth of new industries and organisations across the wider New Zealand business. We are looking for high-reaching people with an appetite to making an impact within our business.
Our ideal candidate will have a high level of practical business knowledge, natural sales instincts, and the ability thing creatively; with the ability to be a tenacious self-starters every day. You will enjoy business development and won’t be afraid to pick up the phone. Salesforce.com offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and outstanding leadership to sell business application solutions and take your career to the next level!
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel our growth
- Create and prioritise strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience
- Partner with our experienced Account Executives to help fill their pipeline and develop your skills
- Research and build business cases to expand our list of accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts
- Evangelise salesforce.com and the on-demand model
A bit about you:
- A desire or strong curiosity about sales
- 2 - 3 commercial and sales experience ideally with CRM and Enterprise prospecting experience
- “Tech savvy” - have a pure interest in tech and able to navigate around technology with ease
- Genuine passion to develop your career
- Experience being held to critical metrics and targets
- Resilience when facing challenges, and creative in finding solutions
- Desire to work in a fast paced, team-lead environment
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with a growth mindset
Our investment in you:
- World class enablement and on-demand training - check out Trailhead.com for a sneak peek!
- Clear path to account executive with accelerated leadership development programs
- Onboarding product bootcamp
- Fast Ramp mentorship program
- Weekly 1:1 coaching with your leadership
- Exposure to executive thought leaders with a passion for living our values
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/