Senior Software Engineer
We drive the transformation of the financial markets. That’s why we invest in bright minds, in their ideas, knowledge and development. We do that by combining our best sides.
If you would like to find out why stability makes us so agile, why experience makes us so curious and why empathy makes us so impactful, apply now for the position of
Senior Software Engineer
Madrid, Barcelona | working form home up to 60% | Reference 5214
BME is the infrastructure of all the securities markets and financial systems in Spain and is owned by SIX.
Do you have extensive experience developing with Java and are you interested in Workflow & Automation topics? Would you like to work in an international and flexible environment? Are you enthusiastic about exciting projects in the financial industry? Then become part of our global IT Workflow and Automation team and take your career to the next level.
We are looking for a bright mind to help us to move forward as a Senior Software Engineer. As part of this team you will have the opportunity to work with internal and external interfaces in an agile and self-organized environment where collaboration, trust, and innovation are paramount.
What You Will Do
- ensure operations of the IT applications within the responsibilities defined
- manage and report Application SLAs, supervise the service desk, incident and problem management process and support in the incident and service desk resolution
- develop, maintain and support applications in Java, Spring (Boot), Workflow tools, e.g. Camunda/ Appian
- ensure timely implementations of the new releases in Development, Test and Production systems
- make sure the development and change process are in accordance with the principles and guidelines from Architecture, Security & Strategy
- have the opportunity to work with Workflow & Automation topics
What You Bring
- a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in software development, application maintenance and/or IT Support
- solid experience with Java related technologies Spring boot, JPA/Hibernate relational databases, Web Services/ REST. Knowledge of front end technologies is also a plus
- experience in workflow tools (Appian, Camunda), BPMN, DMN will be highly valued
- good command and knowledge of databases (Oracle, MS Sql). Any knowledge of GIT, Maven, Bamboo/Jenkins, Helm 3, Ansible, Argo C will be a plus too
- ability to work in fast-paced and agile environments, with strong commitment for handling production issues and with team building and collaborative mindset
- high English level, both written and spoken, to interact with international colleagues and clients
If you have any questions, please call Sara Perez de la Cuesta at +34 91 709 56 80.
For this vacancy we only accept direct applications in English.
Diversity is important to us. Therefore, we are looking to receiving applications regardless of any personal background.
Something looks off?