Head Legal SDX (80-100%)
We drive the transformation of the financial markets. That’s why we invest in bright minds, in their ideas, knowledge and development. We do that by combining our best sides.
If you would like to find out why stability makes us so agile, why experience makes us so curious and why empathy makes us so impactful, apply now for the position of
Head Legal SDX (80-100%)
Zurich | working from home up to 60% | Reference 5208
SIX Digital Exchange (SDX), a company owned by the Swiss Stock exchange, is building the first market infrastructure in the world to offer a fully integrated end to end trading, settlement and custody service for digital assets.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated Head of Legal to join the SDX team based in Zurich. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and commercially oriented senior legal counsel to join SDX as part of the Executive Committee and fulfil a critical role in building the future of financial markets infrastructure. The Head of Legal will build strong and collaborative relationships with the business and the SIX Group, providing solution-oriented advice and clear leadership on issues that are key to SDX and its success. You will help ensure that the business is being run in line with applicable laws and regulations and provide professional support to further build the company. You will also be responsible for the design, implementation and management of legal/contractual frameworks and processes, as well as broader organizational leadership. You will manage and develop a team comprising Legal and Compliance professionals; the role is also functionally embedded into the wider SIX Group Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Affairs Governance.
What You Will Do
- Drive legal, compliance and regulatory activities related to SDX business. Advise management and business in business related and relevant legal and compliance aspects and structuring of SIX legal relations as favourably as possible.
- Identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring and reporting legal risks.
- Escalating material legal matters ad-hoc and reporting regularly about the overall legal risk situation
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements (Switzerland and international), obtain and maintain necessary regulatory authorizations and approvals, liaise with regulators in Switzerland.
- Enable business growth in line with legal obligations, support new business initiatives and opportunities.
- Ensure Corporate Governance, board secretarial services as well as a uniform approach to interaction with the authorities
- Negotiate, draft and review commercial agreements and provide legal advice on a variety of transactional matters, also providing oversight to external counsel
- Advise and participate in cross border joint venture transactions and corporate M&A activities
- Provide thought leadership actively shaping the regulatory framework for digital assets in Switzerland and - where relevant - internationally
- Orchestrate and mobilize the resources to provide practical legal advice and support in day-to-day business, in particular financial markets, contract, corporate and securities law.
- Close interaction with SIX Group Legal and Compliance in order to align legal/compliance matters across different regulated businesses and ensure a consistent approach.
What You Bring
- A qualified Swiss lawyer with substantial experience ideally gained within a top tier law firm and/or an in-house Legal function of an international financial services organisation with a transactional, highly competitive culture.
- A diverse legal skill-set paired with a sound legal and regulatory knowledge with respect to digital assets, incl. financial market laws, corporate and contract law, competition law and IT law; a good understanding of securities trading and post-trading business and of Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) would be an advantage.
- A broad understanding on various international regulatory environments and key compliance subjects applicable to the financial services industry.
- Substantial experience of advising on international/cross-border matters and understanding different business cultures across EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
- An open and collaborative leadership style, with the ability to work in a dynamic, delivery-oriented and customer-centric environment.
- Experience of managing, implementing and responding positively to change in an adaptive, innovative and flexible manner, partnering with the business and providing entrepreneurial solutions to achieve commercial goals.
- A demonstrable track record of making a broader strategic contribution at Senior Management level
- Fluency in English and German is a prerequisite and additional languages will be advantageous.
If you have any questions, please call Roman Gantenbein at +41 58 399 2527.
For this vacancy we only accept direct applications.
Diversity is important to us. Therefore, we are looking to receiving applications regardless of any personal background.
Something looks off?