IT Project Manager
We drive the transformation of the financial markets. That’s why we invest in bright minds, in their ideas, knowledge and development. We do that by combining our best sides.
If you would like to find out why stability makes us so agile, why experience makes us so curious and why empathy makes us so impactful, apply now for the position of
IT Project Manager
Madrid | working from home up to 60% | Reference 5248
BME is the infrastructure of all the securities markets and financial systems in Spain and is owned by SIX.
Are you enthusiastic about exciting projects in the financial industry? Do you enjoy working with international teams? Are you good at exciting people by applying modern and agile ways of working? Then, our IT-Project Management team, which coordinates initiatives and delivers solutions for Corporate Applications, Digital Workspace, Collaboration Tools, Finance, Internet and Social Media, is looking for you!
As an IT Project manager, you will learn from the global team and collaborate in the implementation of fully defined projects, according to the SIX project lifecycle (initiation to production) and end-to-end development processes. As part of the onboarding we will organize a tailored plan for you, including a two weeks stay in Zurich, and after that you will work under a flexible hybrid model in our Madrid office (60% of remote working and 40% in the office).
What You Will Do
- management of projects (SIX/BME) and coordination of initiatives between SIX Switzerland and BME Spain
- responsible for initiation, planning, staffing, financials, execution and monitoring of initiatives and projects
- active stakeholder management and project marketing, learning about the project management processes, methods and standards of SIX (Prince2)
- helps to drive the transformation of project management towards a best-in-class function
- work in a dynamic, multi-located and international team based in Madrid and Zurich
- acts as coach, in order to build a high-performing, motivated delivery team at SIX and BME
What You Bring
- relevant experience in a project management area, ideally related with IT projects in end-to-end delivery and understanding of software development life cycle models
- knowledge of different project methodologies such us traditional ones (waterfall) and more agile frameworks (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, etc.). Prince2 Methodology will be a plus too
- open-minded approach, analytical and conceptual skills with an attitude of continuous learning and no fear of diving into new challenges
- good communication and problem-solving skills focusing on internal customers and ability to interact with multiple levels of management and audiences
- willingness to travel sometimes over the year to other SIX locations (mainly Zurich)
- high English and Spanish language skills, basic German understanding will also be highly valuable
If you have any questions, please call Sara Perez de la Cuesta at +34 91 709 56 80.
For this vacancy we only accept direct applications in English.
Diversity is important to us. Therefore, we are looking to receiving applications regardless of any personal background.
Something looks off?