Coordinator, Trial Support Services
Steptoe & Johnson
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Steptoe & Johnson LLP, a Washington, DC-based Am Law 100 law firm, is seeking a Coordinator of Trial Support Services. The Coordinator of Trial Support Services directs, manages, and oversees the operations of the firm’s Trial Support Services function (TSS). In addition to the management and coordination of TSS resources and projects, the responsibilities of the position include budgeting, training, the development and documentation of standards and best practices, and the selection and deployment of software applications and service providers essential to the mission of the TSS group. As an active member of the practice support team, the position may also function as a billable timekeeper in the provision of consulting and project management services relative to trial technology/support and graphics design and development.
- Provide the legal teams and clients with expert level consultation on trial and presentation technology and equipment.
- Serve as primary point of contact for legal teams, the IT department, and trial support vendors to meet current and anticipated needs and workloads related to trials, hearing, arbitrations, and other similar activities that take place either on- or off-site.
- Manage and oversee trial calendar including contacting individual case teams preparing for trial to identify needs and support requirements.
- Manage and oversee vendor MSAs for trial equipment and on-site support.
- Engage in the marketing of Trial support capabilities and service offerings.
- Interface with IT personnel and Practice Technology Services in the deployment and integration of trial presentation software applications, and to ensure optimal performance and the integrity and security of client and firm data.
- Develop proposals and budgets for specific engagements.
- Design effective trial support plans and manages their implementation to ensure compliance with budget, schedule, and requirements/specifications.
- Provide technical expertise in the presentation of evidence and case themes, including the use of applications to provide “call-outs”, timelines or other visual information.
- Oversee and direct remote war room implementation, including design and planning, equipment setup and configuration, and support for in-site trial teams.
- Create and maintain trial presentation databases.
- Create video clips as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Practice Technology Services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant experience including:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience providing trial presentation and trial support services in a law firm setting; or,
- A minimum of 6 years of experience providing trial presentation and trial support services with a vendor of trial support services.
- Proficiency with trial presentation software, methods and techniques, including the development of PowerPoint slides, and the creation of trial presentation databases, video clips and graphics.
- Familiarity with courtroom presentation technology, equipment and methods, and equipment and methods utilized for war room setup and configuration.
- Subject Area Expertise: demonstrates a high-level of proficiency with trial presentation software, methods, and techniques, including presentation database design and management, deposition synchronization, video editing, and in-court presentation; has a strong working knowledge of trial support technologies and concepts.
- Project and Task Management: manages the implementation of projects and tasks in a timely and directed manner; plans, designs and executes projects or tasks with well-defined objectives and outcomes; determines appropriate implementation strategies, tools and technologies; adapts to changing work priorities and workplace practices; establishes priorities to meet deadlines; carries out multiple tasks or projects.
- Impeccable Communication and Organizational Skills: demonstrates excellence in both written and oral communications; able to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Teamwork: able to work well with others on projects, initiatives, and tasks that require their input and cooperation.
- Customer Service: works diligently to ensure that internal and external customers receive the highest level of service.
- Position may be hybrid to fully remote with availability to attend in-person in-office meetings as required.
- Non-Smoking environment
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Available to work in the office 9:00 - 5:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Extra weekday and weekend hours may be required for special programs or events.
- Must be available to work beyond regular hours when necessary.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines and stressful situations.
- Must be willing to travel as required, on short or extremely limited notice, to various firm offices, courthouses, or other locations in support of the firm’s clients.
See more open positions at Steptoe & Johnson
Something looks off?