Conflicts Information Specialist
Steptoe & Johnson
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Steptoe & Johnson LLP, a Washington, DC-based Am Law 100 firm, is hiring a Conflicts Information Specialist. This role is responsible for conducting corporate research; completing and analyzing all steps of the conflict check process for new clients and new matters, incoming personnel, incoming attorneys, and incoming lateral partners; and assisting with ongoing NBI projects as assigned. December 2022 college graduates may apply and have the option to start in January 2023.
- Conduct corporate research using available tools and resources.
- Create records in the conflicts database; maintain and update the conflicts database to generate conflict check reports required for opening new clients and new matters.
- Prepare conflict check reports for incoming personnel including partners and laterals.
- Provide support to other department staff for regular operations or special projects, as required.
- Assist with other departmental duties as assigned.
- A four-year university degree or four years of related experience.
- One (1) year of conflicts experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with corporate research tools and conflicts search databases preferred.
- Experience within a professional services environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Attention to detail: avoid common and frequent mistakes; complete complex projects and tasks without error.
- Strong communication skills: excellence in both written and oral communications whether in person, on the phone, or via email.
- Initiative and creativity: identify areas for improvement with respect to personal duties as well as areas for improvement within team and department.
- Exceptional organization skills: ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines; ability to organize self and work environment for efficiency and make ready access to critical information.
- Excellent work ethic: ensures that all work is completed on a timely basis, maintains attendance and punctuality at a high level, available for work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: interact professionally with partners and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Available to work from 9:00 – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Must be able to work beyond regular hours.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, stressful situations and minimal guidance.
- Hybrid work arrangements are available for this position.