Business Development Coordinator (Regulatory)
Steptoe & Johnson
Legal, Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Steptoe & Johnson LLP, a Washington, DC-based Am Law 100 law firm, is seeking a Business Development Coordinator to join its Marketing & Business Development team in the Washington, DC office. This position is responsible for executing and delivering on internal and external marketing and business development initiatives for the firm’s regulatory portfolio of practices (Energy, Government Affairs & Public Policy, Telecom, Antitrust) as well as Tax & Private Client.
- Supports the BD Manager with business development activities, as well as operational and management projects.
- Helps drafts proof, and assemble pitch materials, information packets, proposals and RFP responses.
- Works with the BD Manager to maintain and update experience lists, including matter tracking, approval of matter descriptions, data input, and generally maintaining the integrity of the data for assigned practice groups.
- Conducts research on clients/prospects, industries, competitors, organizations and conferences in connection with client meetings, RFPs/proposals, market analyses, marketing/sponsorship opportunities, and other business development efforts.
- Coordinates and prepares submissions for key directory rankings, including Chambers and Legal 500.
- Fields and responds to internal requests for practice group marketing materials, attorney bios and photos, reprints of attorney publications, and other business development-related assistance.
- Working with BD Manager, lawyers, MarCom, and BD colleagues to produce marketing communications including blog posts, client advisories, announcements, etc.
- Identifying and helping to generate material for internal newsletters and other communications.
- Utilizing the firm’s CRM (client relationship management) system to track business development and client activities.
- Coordinates appropriate website content for assigned practice groups, including regular edits to attorney bios, and development of new practice group material.
- Participating in practice group meetings and helping to prepare materials as needed.
- Working with the BD Manager and Events team on Steptoe-branded events as well as external conferences and conducting appropriate BD-related follow up after the event.
- Coordinating marketing resources and activities with other department team members across functions.
- Other duties as assigned within business development and marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Concentration in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, English or similar discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of marketing experience is required, law firm experience preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Team player who is self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision but communicates regularly with managers.
- Outstanding attention to detail, flexibility, and creativity.
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of online research and marketing resources, Microsoft Office Suite, CRM experience preferred
- Non-smoking environment.
- Available to work 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and available for some evening and/or weekend hours.