Global Head of Compliance
Hi, we’re token.com. Our goal is to create a world where money can flow effortlessly into the things people truly care about. token.com is the fun, simple and social platform to discover and invest in the game-changing ventures of tomorrow. At token.com we recognise the positive value of diversity, we promote equality and challenge discrimination. We actively encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
We’re a high-performance team of around 65 people. We have freedom and responsibility, a culture that encourages innovation, offers ownership and embraces knowledge sharing. We are now working as a remote-first company, arranging monthly get-togethers and regular team retreats. We also have a co-working space in London for collaboration and socialising.
As our Global Head of Compliance you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and scaling up of the compliance program for the various jurisdictions we operate from. You will get the opportunity to coordinate and interact with both internal and external stakeholders (including regulators across multiple jurisdictions) as well as lead and collaborate with our already brilliant compliance team.
To help you best prepare, we’ve outlined the interview process for this role, we aim to have this process completed within 2 weeks:
- 30 minute google meets call with our Talent Specialist
- 1 hour google meets with our Chief Commercial Officer
- Online presentation of a case study to our CCO and our Chief Financial Officer
- Final google meets call with our Co-Founder
The role entails a mix between Compliance Strategy and Management:
- Monitor the regulatory/compliance landscape across jurisdictions and account for compliance including supporting all licence applications across jurisdictions
- Tackle complex compliance uncertainty/challenges in new areas such as DeFi and Staking
- Provide strategic support to senior management
- Work closely with the legal team to protect the company against compliance risks while staying commercially focused
- Act as our AMLCO and MLRO
- Act as primary point of contact for regulators in the countries we operate from - Lithuania, BVI, Cayman Islands and Brazil
- Develop, manage and grow compliance function to meet the needs of expansion plans
- Oversee and manage the company control framework & own the financial crime framework.
- Design and maintain company policies, procedures and controls
- Ensure complex or high risk cases are determined appropriately according to our risk appetite and policies
The skills and experience we think you’ll need for this role:
- Senior level Compliance experience, preferably in B2C fintech or crypto industries
- Recent experience working as an AMLCO and MLRO
- Experience in preparing Licence applications and engaging regulators
- Very strong knowledge of the crypto landscape and associated financial crime risks
- Excellent communication skills, strong decision making and problem-solving ability
- Previous experience of creating, overseeing and managing control framework of a scale-up business
- Have previously been responsible for the day-to-day running of a compliance team
- Experience providing strategic support to Senior Management
- Having gone through a Crypto licensing process in Switzerland / aCanada (or similar) is a plus
What we offer you!
Our team members are rewarded well! UK employees are offered the below, and we will aim for similar elsewhere:
- Private health insurance with all the fun extras (with options for your family to!)
- A training & development budget that helps you to grow with token.com
- 25 days holiday plus local public holidays
- Flexible working hours (we care about your output, not when you rock up or clock out)
- Excellent paid maternity and paternity leave
- Working from home budget
- Top of the range hardware