Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
At TRM, we're on a mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people around the world. Our next-generation platform, which combines threat intelligence with machine learning, enables financial institutions and governments to detect cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime at an unprecedented scale.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at TRM Labs, you will collaborate with an experienced team of data scientists, engineers, and product managers to build scalable infrastructure for TRM's products and services. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available infrastructure and ultimately work to build a safer financial system for the world.
The impact you’ll have here:
- Building a large-scale web application that manages billions of transactions using React and Redux
- Working with Backend Engineers, Designers, and Product to build features and ship product
- Finding and addressing performance issues
- Participating in code and design reviews
- Developing a deep understanding of crypto and blockchain to inform product design and direction
- Collaborating with product lead and customers to define a new category of enterprise software
- Staying current on frontend best practices
What we’re looking for:
- Knack for great design and intuitive UX
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Extensive experience modern front end frameworks (e.g., Vue.js, React.js) and CSS-in-JS libraries (e.g., styled-components)
- Experience designing and building data heavy front-end applications
- Experience with virtual currencies, applications, and their use in financial networks and blockchain analysis is a plus
- Deep Canvas and/or WebGL knowledge is a plus
- Adaptable. Goals can change fast. You anticipate and react quickly.
- Autonomous. You own what you work on. You move fast and get things done.
- Excellent communication. You will need communicate complex ideas effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, and both verbally and in writing
- Collaborative. You must work collaboratively in a cross-functional team and with people at all levels in an organization
The TRM way
- We define high-impact targets through customer centricity, prioritization, and adaptability.
- We execute efficiently to achieve our goals through good judgment, velocity, and humility.
- We elevate our team’s performance through integrity, apprenticeship, and positivity.
Why TRM Labs
- Join a mission-driven company that's building a safer financial system for billions of people.
- Do meaningful work alongside a bright and humble team.
- Develop world-class products that are trusted by leading institutions and agencies.
- Tackle novel challenges in blockchain, data science, and threat intelligence.
- We've raised $150M from JPMorgan Chase, Visa, PayPal, Tiger Global, Bessemer, among others.
- Enjoy a remote-first workplace with hubs in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and London.
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA, HSA ,and 401K programs
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous paid time for vacation, volunteering, sick leave, and parental leave
- Fitness, co-working, and home office reimbursements
- Fertility, professional coaching, and mental health resources
We encourage you to reach out even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Do not worry about picking exactly the right job; we can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your passion and interests will set you apart, especially if your background or career is unconventional. Join us!