Ever wonder what it would be like to use your talents to shape cities or even an entire world? Upland is the earth’s metaverse that sits on top of the real world where people buy, sell and trade virtual properties based on actual addresses. Players compete and earn rewards in mini-games, connect virtually with a thriving, passionate community, and can even earn money in their own virtual businesses.
Uplandme, Inc. was founded in 2018 by three serial entrepreneurs. The game launched into open beta in January 2020 and became the largest blockchain game just eight months later. Available for iOS, Android, and the mobile web, Upland uses blockchain technology to power “true ownership” of digital assets.
To expand its reach beyond blockchain aficionados and towards a mass-market audience, we are looking for a skilled React.js Developer to join our front-end development team. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing user interface components using React.js and workflows; profiling and improving front-end performance, and documenting our front-end codebase. If you are a top-class developer able to design and build seamless user interface compliments to enhance application performance, we want to hear from you!
- Integrate designs and wireframes within the application code
- Troubleshoot interface software and debugging application code
- Enhance application performance with constant monitoring
- Translate wireframes and designs into good quality code
- Optimize components to work seamlessly across different browsers and devices
- Develop and implement highly responsive user interface components using react concepts
- Receptive to other projects as assigned
- 3+ years of experience with React.js and ES6
- Proven proficiency in one or more libraries (e.g. Redux, React Router, etc) for state managing and routing
- Proficient in using Git as a control system
- Solid understanding of design principles and programming patterns
- The ability to think analytically, strategically, and creatively
- The ability to build relationships and effectively communicate across company disciplines
- Be a resilient self-starter and a creative problem solver that can adjust to change
- Comfort with the ambiguity inherent in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent communication, grammar, and writing skills in English
- Gaming industry experience a plus
Work with a passionate, highly experienced, innovative team and have a wide range of independence while solving fascinating problems that span gaming, economics, marketing, computing, and sociology. Capitalize on the opportunity to grow with Upland in terms of responsibilities and your career. We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
Uplandme Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
If you are interested in this role, please apply directly here.
Something looks off?