Ever wonder what it would be like to use your talents to shape cities or even an entire world? Upland is the earth’s metaverse that sits on top of the real world where people buy, sell and trade virtual properties based on actual addresses. Players compete and earn rewards in mini-games, connect virtually with a thriving, passionate community, and can even earn money in their own virtual businesses.
Uplandme, Inc. was founded in 2018 by three serial entrepreneurs. The game launched into open beta in January 2020 and became the largest blockchain game just eight months later. Available for iOS, Android, and the mobile web, Upland uses blockchain technology to power “true ownership” of digital assets.
To expand its reach beyond blockchain aficionados and towards a mass-market audience, we are looking for a highly skilled and versatile Senior Node.JS Developer with hands-on experience to help develop our platform. Our ideal candidate will work closely with our cross-functional teams to build out new features and improve our platform's scalability. If you’re an eager, innovative professional that sees the possibilities of molding a metaverse, let’s talk!
- Develop and maintain all server-side network components
- Ensure optimal performance of the database and responsiveness to front-end requests
- Collaborate with front-end developers on the integration of elements
- Design back-end services for various business processes
- Develop high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable and efficient code
- Run diagnostic tests, repair defects and provide technical support
- Document Node.js processes, including database schemas and reports
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes and technologies
- Keep informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development
- Implement and iterate features in a tactical manner and rapid pace
- Work collaboratively and efficiently across functional teams in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment
- Design, extend and implement APIs
- High standard of engineering quality through code reviews, unit tests and analytics
- Create engineering efficiencies through automation and development of tools
- Define engineering processes for product launch and releases
- 4+ years working in back-end web development with Node.js
- Proven Knowledge of Node.js and any Node frameworks available (i.e. Nest.JS)
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Experience with relational databases (i.e. PostgreSQL) and building robust RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding and extensive experience with version control tools (Git)
- The ability to think analytically, strategically, and creatively
- The ability to build relationships and effectively communicate across company disciplines
- Be a resilient self-starter and a creative problem solver that can adjust to change
- Comfort with the ambiguity inherent in a fast-paced startup environment
- Gaming industry experience a plus
Work with a passionate, highly experienced, innovative team and have a wide range of independence while solving fascinating problems that span gaming, economics, marketing, computing, and sociology. Capitalize on the opportunity to grow with Upland in terms of responsibilities and your career. We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
Uplandme Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
If you are interested in this role, please apply directly here.
Something looks off?