Senior Control Management Specialist (Strategy Verification)
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Strategy Verification Senior Control Management Specialist
Strategy Verification Senior Control Management Specialist
In this role, you will:
- Support strategic review and credible challenge of a front-line unit
- Participate in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures within Control Management functional area
- Lead project teams
- Provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and business controls
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Provide guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations
- 8+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Knowledge and understanding of investment banking, commercial deposit and Home Lending products and process: regulations, compliance, policies, process, and procedures
- Process design and problem solving across multiple processes
- Issue Management or regulatory examination experience
- Risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of banking, finance and risk domain
- Ability to translate and present complex data in a manner that educates, enhances understanding, and influence decisions
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Influence and drive initiatives through team members who report to others
- Identify and evaluate exposures and potential risks; ability to provide credible challenge to the business and adapt quickly through research and analysis
- Interact and lead complex discussions comfortably with senior levels of management
- Align with time zone requirements with respect to our front line partners
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.