Senior Software Engineer
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who enjoys and thrives on solving complex problems through innovation impacting change at scale in a diverse environment. Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees. The successful candidate will play a critical role who designs and implements solutions mainly to simplify, modernize and manage the next generation Credit Card Application Platform. The candidate will bring in hands-on experience in software development to deliver innovative yet practical solutions to the organization with a heavy focus on event driven and loosely coupled design patterns to enable a fully-integrated, real-time processing through APIs and web services to support future customer-facing capabilities. The candidate must exhibit the ability to communicate ideas to all levels of the organization and must be capable of mentoring and overseeing junior developers. Candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to apply core development principles, practices, and procedures to the development of various type of applications. The ideal candidate will be a forward thinker, passionate technologist and expert in modern software development technologies, APIs and web services, and must be comfortable being at the forefront of a rapidly innovative software development landscape and have the experience to operate across the enterprise technology infrastructure thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs; and working on complex problems.
In this role, you will:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of React experience
- 4+ years of Java Spring Framework experience
- 4+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 2+ years of MongoDB experience
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- 2+ years of experience working in domain-driven, event-driven systems and related tools like Kafka for streaming
- 4+ years designing Microservices for deployment on an internal or public cloud platform/environment
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience integrating and securing private and public cloud environments such as PCF/AWS/Azure
- Credit Card and Merchant Services experience is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Knowledge and understanding of AGILE
Technical Skill Set
Java, Springboot, Mongo DB, Micro Services, Design patterns, Kafka, GCP/Azure Public cloud containerization, Docker/K8s. E2E Solutioning and architecture, CI/CD orchestration tools: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, GitHub Actions, uDeploy, unit, TestNG, Test Driven Development (TDD); Behavioral Driven Development (BDD): Cucumber/Gherkin
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.