Senior Data Management Analyst
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Data Management Analyst...
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in moderately complex programs and initiatives for data quality, governance, and metadata activities
- Design and conduct moderately complex analysis to identify and remediate data quality, data integrity, process, and control gaps
- Analyze, assess, and test data controls and data systems to ensure quality and risk compliance standards are met and adhere to data governance standards and procedures
- Identify data quality metrics and execute data quality audits to benchmark the state of data quality
- Develop recommendations for optimal approaches to resolve data quality issues and implement plans for assessing the quality of new data sources leveraging domain expertise and data, business, or process analysis to inform and support solution design
- Lead project teams and mentor less experienced staff members
- Drive planning and coordination on moderately complex remediation efforts acting as central point of contact
- Consult with clients to assess the current state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned responsibility
- Participate in cross-functional groups to develop companywide data governance strategies
- Provide input into communication routines with stakeholders, business partners, and experienced leaders
Required Qualifications, US:
- 10+ years of Data Management, Business Analysis, Analytics, or Project Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Data Management, Business Analysis, Analytics, Project Management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.