Cloud Platform Engineer
Wells Fargo is seeking a Cloud Platform Engineer. The CAIS Container Engineering team is responsible for delivery of enterprise class platforms and services to stakeholders across the firm, with a deliberate focus on enabling and delivering a cloud native strategy. Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes (PaaS) based technologies and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our customers. The team is comprised of a diverse and global workforce, operating out of multiple locations in the United States and India.
This role is aligned to the Product Owner (PO) for Cloud / Area Product Owner (APO) for Platform as a Service (PaaS) delivery of cloud platforms and services. This role will provide leadership assistance and technical consulting around Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes platforms, environments, and emerging services to the Cloud PO / PaaS APO (US) with team members and partners to effectively partner with business stakeholders and drive the requirements gathering, strategy, roadmap, and backlog prioritization to deliver next generation hosting environments to our business partners.
This role is expected to be a lead engineer with platform experience supporting Tanzu Application Service (TAS), Amazon Kubernetes Service (AKS), and/or Google Kubernetes Engine. Candidate should be a subject matter expert in creating, delivering, and securing cloud-based platforms at scale for large enterprise, financial services, or other large, regulated sectors. Aggressive modernization milestones and deliverables tied to the hosting strategy, cloud strategy, and modernization roadmap are tied to the delivery of CAIS. The Lead Specialty Software Engineer must adopt and support a culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness.
- Serve as a senior engineer for high visibility cloud computing initiatives and hybrid environments.
- Design, influence, and execute transformation required for hybrid cloud adoption across the enterprise while ensuring alignment with architecture, security and other key Technology frameworks.
- Evangelize opportunities, challenges, and security advantages of integrated cloud services.
- Seek out new and emerging technologies and evaluate for inclusion in Technology’s Hybrid Environments hosting strategy and roadmap of capabilities and solutions for the PaaS capabilities and product areas.
- Develop and implement cloud-based procedures, continuous monitoring, compliance, and cloud asset inventory strategies.
- Develop, document, and implement a greenfield framework for cloud optimization leveraging industry best practices to ensure a secure, least privileged model.
- Proactively prioritize, analyze, and address complex problems and incidents to ensure the highest level of environment stability and availability.
- Devise a strategy to develop and implement cloud infrastructure to enable public cloud environments and interconnect to on-premises legacy environments in support of enterprise hosting and hybrid cloud target architectures.
- Build relationships with business and IT partners to assess, engineer and implement public and on-premises Cloud services and automation solutions that balance business agility, operational maintainability, and risk reduction.
- Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills to define problems, proactively innovate, provide credible challenge, and translate vision into strategic solutions.
- This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorships or transfers.
- Remote work is not available for this position.
- 10+ years of engineering experience; or 10+ years of experience in a technical management role.
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud technologies.
- 5+ years of experience with building, deploying, and securing cloud platforms.
- 3+ years of experience building cloud-ready enterprise solutions.
- 2+ years of Kubernetes experience.
- 1+ year of product strategy development experience.
- 2+ years of Kubernetes experience or Cloud Foundry experience
- 3+ years of experience in designing and engineering cloud native solutions.
- 5+ years of public cloud experience.
- 3+ years of experience with secure DevOps and deployment automation to cloud environments.
- Experience working with cloud security management or governance tools.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.