Control Management Specialist
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist to be part of our growing Commercial Banking Business Control Management team.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures within Control Management functional area
- Provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and business controls
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Provide guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations
- 4+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Expected to work with minimal guidance and support functionally to meet the Business Control Management goals and control coverage requirements. The job involves interacting with the Global Delivery Activity managers, onshore partners to understand and analyze the processes, identify risks and controls in the processes, evaluate the controls, prepare, and publish reports to stakeholders in both Wells Fargo India & Philippines and Onshore.
- Support reginal control requirements such as Process review, business control councils, incidents, and Issue management.
- Support RCSA related efforts to collect, document and assess business risk and controls across the business units.
- Support Change Requests, Business Environment Change
- Document business owned controls or shared controls that mitigate business specific risk instances.
- Support reporting, timelines, and routines for all RCSA, Operational risk events, governance and management reporting’s.
- Follow issue management protocols by documenting and assessing control weaknesses and operational risk incidents using methods such as root cause analysis.
- Understand and analyze the processes to identify risks and controls in the processes prepare and publish reports to stakeholders.
- Certification in Risk Management such as ORM/FRM.
- Should have sound understanding of risk management principles.
- Good understanding and experience with respect to Commercial Banking especially focused in one of the areas such as Loan processing and management, collateral management, Agency Services, Equipment and Distributor Finance operations, Trust Finance and Capital Finance. MMB- Portfolio Monitoring and Support, Credit Underwriting, and Treasury Management.
- Candidate is expected to have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office especially Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.