Risk Analytics Senior Manager
About the role
The Consumer Credit team is responsible for leading, developing and implementing strategic initiatives and processes to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance. The team is seeking a Senior Manager for the Credit Risk team.
A highly motivated and talented risk manager who loves to solve business questions, is able to think out-side-of-the-box and develop innovative yet practical risk management strategies, impacting the bottom line of the business applying advanced analytical and data-driven skills and strong business knowledge. An individual who is results driven, goal oriented, and enjoys a fast-paced working environment will find this opportunity both challenging and exciting.
- This individual will be responsible to lead the Credit Risk team. India team development including driving hiring, training, development and retaining of strong analytical capabilities for the analysts. Manages a team of Managers, Associate Managers, Officers, Sr Associates and/or Associates in accomplishing goals and priorities.
- Lead the multidisciplinary team to deliver best in class credit risk management practices to enhance the credit risk framework, executing on key initiatives and processes across products and lines of businesses.
- Lead strategic initiatives and process for the business through conceptualizing, developing and deploying advanced analytical solutions in a high performing environment.
- Provide credit risk governance and oversight driving credit culture, risk appetite and business performance. Act as a technical expert and Advise and counsel executive leadership on highly complex issues.
- Leverage advanced predictive analytics, and expert knowledge of credit risk mitigation tools and techniques to detect and mitigate existing and upcoming risks in the portfolio
- Conduct comprehensive analyses to assure timely monitoring of strategy efficacy and accuracy, minimizing credit/operating losses and reputation/compliance risk exposure
- Partner closely with product/marketing, system & technology, finance, compliance and other business areas to develop risk criteria and propose new strategies
- Drives the discovery of new risk segmentation attributes and recommending value-added and practical solutions for risk management strategy enhancements via sound statistical methods by effectively mining rich and complex data sources.
- Stay at the leading edge of emerging trends and capabilities in the domains of consumer, credit, risk detection and prevention, with emphasis on digital.
- Design, develop and manage an efficient interaction model for this multidisciplinary team to ensure consistent delivery across the functional teams. Develop the necessary structure to manage the growing needs of the business while increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the teams.
- Lead organization wide initiatives. Represents consumer credit risk and cards and retail services function in multilateral forums.
- Engage and influence peers, management, and experienced leaders companywide
- Identify and recommend opportunities for transformation of data into actionable information that drives business outcomes, strategies, and risk control development
- Communicate effectively with Sr. Management and stakeholders across all areas of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- 15+ years of progressive experience in risk or analytics
- 10+ years of credit risk experience in cards/unsecured lending
- 8+ years of management experience leading sizeable teams of analysts and managers
- Strong Credit Risk analytics skills and comprehensive understanding of cards P&L and risk drivers
- Direct experience in most of the following areas: credit risk, fraud risk, portfolio analytics, loss forecasting, product analytics, cobrand and partnership cards.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical tools such as Segmentation Tools, Decision Trees, Clustering, Regression, and other analytical techniques.
- Ability to design and structure complex data & modeling framework for monitoring and analytical reporting
- Ability to lead project teams and coordinate with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of credit card or consumer lending practices, policies, and procedures
- Ability to contribute to strategic decisions and coordinate with multiple stakeholders. Develop consensus and gain buy-in for strategic priorities
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area
- Knowledge and understanding of the key factors impacting credit offerings, including credit risks and regulatory requirements, financial cash flow / NPV model analysis
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.